Videographer – Erikson Institute, Early Math Collaborative – Chicago, IL
Company: Erikson Institute, Early Math Collaborative
Location: Chicago, IL
Erikson Institute, Early Math Collaborative
Part-time Classroom Videographer
Project Title: Early Math Collaborative
Position Title: Videographer
Hours: 6-15 hours per week / Part-time Hourly
Rate: $20/hour plus mileage reimbursement for travel
Position Summary: The Early Math Collaborative at the Erikson Institute is looking for Classroom Videographers to record instructional interactions between teachers and students at preschool centers across Chicago and the greater Chicago area including, but not limited to: Glen Ellyn/Villa Park, Evanston/Rogers Park, Oak Park/Austin/River Forest, and Chicago’s South Side/Orland Park. This work is part of a research initiative to examine teacher-child interactions around math in preschool classrooms.
Classroom Videographers will work under the direction of the Research Coordinator and Media Coordinator to video-record instructional interactions using cameras and audio equipment. The Collaborative will provide all video & audio equipment.
- Complete paid videographer training at Erikson Institute in downtown Chicago, online research certification, and a background check prior to field work
- Participate in an online group video meeting or personal performance review/check-in phone call during the second week of video collection
- Be available at least 3 weekday mornings each week
- Travel to one or more preschool centers each week (scheduled on a weekly basis)
- Record video and audio footage of teacher and student instructional interactions in preschool classrooms
- Communicate via email and phone with Collaborative staff, teachers, and school contacts as needed
- Follow all research protocols
Classroom Videographers will attend training at the Erikson Institute in early April, complete videographer and researcher certification late March/early April, then begin fieldwork mid- April. During the fieldwork period, Classroom Videographers will work approximately 6 to 15 hours per week during school hours. Mostly mornings. The fieldwork period will last from mid-April through mid-June.
- Available at least three mornings each week from mid-April through mid-June
- Access to a car or vehicle
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Punctuality, initiative, and dependability
- Comfort using digital technology – previous experience preferred but not necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
About Erikson Institute
We are the premier early childhood development organization committed to ensuring that all children have equitable opportunities to realize their potential.
Erikson Institute’s graduate school uniquely prepares child development, education, and social work leaders to improve the lives of young children and their families. Our impact and influence are further amplified through our innovative academic programs, applied research, direct services in the community, and advocacy and policy and leadership.
Erikson Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Erikson Institute provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws (including during the application or hiring process).
To learn more, please visit our web site at www.erikson.edu
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift