Video Producer – Moody Bible Institute – Chicago, IL
Company: Moody Bible Institute
Location: Chicago, IL
Moody Bible Institute
The Video Producer is responsible for the on-brand, on-message production of video content for Moody Bible Institute. This role directs, coordinates, and films various campus scenes, events, and individuals on and off campus for the purposes of brand awareness, student recruitment, fundraising, and radio programming, and includes both long form for web usage and short form for social media.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Manage Marketing Communication’s video services, working closely with ministry partners to assess their needs, make suggestions on how best to meet those needs, and provide videos that tell compelling stories of impact in a cost-effective manner. Promote Moody’s video guidelines and brand.
- Hire, assign, and manage freelance videographers, ensure videographers meet deadlines, and oversee the creation of on-brand and high-quality videos, ranging from videos for catalytic campaigns to videos promoting the products/ministries of Moody.
- Coordinate production of video projects, including but not limited to scripts, selection of locations and models, schedules of shoots, preparation of props, audio recordings, and equipment rentals
- Establish and maintain effective/efficient processes for project management and other areas
of responsibility in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, being strategic on priority of tasks and initiatives.
- Manage freelance contracts and model releases with the Legal department.
- Collaborate with editorial team and design team in creation of on-message items for scripts, animated graphics, bumpers, titles, and transitions.
- Work with account services team as they serve as main contact for ministry partners, communicating status of video projects and ensuring videos are delivered on-time and tie-in with the strategy and messaging for campaigns.
- Create b-roll and edited videos for needs such as social media and internal communications.
- Maintain digital video library and update as needed, making files organized and accessible for MarCom team and freelance videographers.
- Occasionally work as photographer by creating innovative, compelling, high-quality images for use in marketing materials such as magazines/newsletters, social media, web sites, annual reports, exhibits, etc. for the Moody community.
- Stay informed of advances in technology and recommend updates in services and equipment accordingly. Maintain high creative standards.
- Inform the Director of Marketing Communications and the department of successes, challenges, and recommend solutions when appropriate.
- Seek out and recommend opportunities for professional growth.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor degree in film, digital media, communications, or related field
- 2-3 years full-time work experience, preferably in marketing and video
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Confidence in working with an array of personalities, at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop), Macintosh Operating System, Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Solid working knowledge of professional grade cameras, lenses, flash, tripod, lighting, audio equipment and related gear
- Experience in video and photography assignments for-hire
- Able to work in the US legally without sponsorship
- Experience with project management software such as Workamajig
- Experience working in an in-house creative/marketing services group
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This role operates in a variety of environments including, but not limited to, professional office, classroom, indoor and outdoor social events, conferences, as well as on- and off-campus ministry.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 38.75 hours per week. May require some work on weekends. Limited travel is expected for this position.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, including as explained in our Community Standards.
To review you fairly, please remove birthdates and graduation dates from your resume.