Promotions/Marketing Internship Responsibilities:
To assist the Director of Sponsorship Solutions in the following areas:
- Promotions and Special Events Marketing
- Help implement station promotions and special events from inception to conclusion (generate rules, fulfillment of winners, update contest calendar)
- Draft copy for news explaining and/or promoting events
- Work on ‘texting’ promotions and alerts
- Some ‘idea generation’ re: generating revenue tied to on-air promotions; writing up sales pitches
- Community Events
- Assist in organizing events such as Back to School Kids Fair (Aug), Food Drive (Nov), and Drive Thru Toy Drive (Dec)
- Help implement community events and monetize for WGN-TV
- Be present at events and help wherever and however necessary
- Public Relations – Internal and External Communications (EXAMPLES)
- Press relations: draft releases for ratings releases, programming, sports, news specials, new hires, etc.
- Maintain correspondence with viewers (ie: Skilling art for charities, etc.)
- Maintain PR files (ie: updating bios, company history, etc.)
- Field phone calls
- Be present at events and help wherever and however necessary (including street team events and WGN-TV’s new “Man of the People” show starring Pat Tomasulo from WGN Morning News
- Social Media Outreach
- Update text alerts, new and sales related initiatives
- Clip video from segments to for clients & station purposes
You may also have the opportunity to…
- Engage our audience and encourage user-generated content, photos, videos and more. Update, promote and publicize our WGN content across various social networks.
- Help increase our profile on external social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more
- Skills evaluated
- Quick learner, requires minimal supervision, works well under pressure, demonstrates initiative, organized and highly detail oriented, reliable, punctual, strong administrative skills (must know Word/Excel).
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US.
- Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.
Internships pay City of Chicago minimum wage.
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for keyword “Job ID 2019-49478 ”. Submit resume in PDF Form