Production Manager – Ravinia – Highland Park, IL
Location: Highland Park, IL
Ravinia Festival is seeking a Production Manager whose main focus will be on the popular music concerts, films, children’s performances and dance performances presented during the festival summer season. The position is full-time from mid-May through mid-September. The Production Manager reports to the Artistic Producer and works closely with Technical Director, Union Department Heads, and the Production Operations Manager and Assistant Production Manager.
- Report to and work with Artistic Producer in determining seasonal production budget.
- Oversee day to day backstage Production Department operations in conjunction with the Production Operations Manager and Assistant Production Coordinators.
- Responsible for crew calls, breaks, and dark stage scheduling, and production and technical advance, with input from the Technical Director, Lighting Director & Sound Technician, with primary focus on popular, dance, and children’s programming while also supporting films and musicals. Provide assistance as needed on special performances.
- Oversee day of show backstage schedules and logistics.
- Review, advance, and implement production requirements based off artist riders, oversee production day of show, and be venue point of contact for tours.
- Oversee existing vendor accounts, establish new accounts when necessary, and review and submit invoices.
- Participate in weekly production meetings and communicate with artistic, production and technical staff, as well as artists, to ensure proper dissemination of information.
- Advance tour security needs, lead daily artist security meetings in collaboration with Emergency Operations Team. Serve as point person for artists’ security arrangements and positioning of backstage security.
- Order backline and additional stage equipment as determined by approved artist contracts and riders.
- Create daily artist sound check and stage schedules in collaboration with Technical Director.
- Schedule and monitor tour bus, semi-truck, and other large vehicle arrival prior to parking and deliveries. Ensure shore power needs or offsite parking accommodations as needed.
- Maintain and update venue Technical and Production Information Packets.
- Train and supervise Assistant Production Manager.
- Work with Production Operations Manager to create, review, and distribute daily production department schedules, along with occasional artist transportation and setting and striking of artist dressing rooms.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong background in concert production management (venue and/or touring) and work with union labor.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of concert production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving and strong organizational skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience hiring and supervising staff.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours – this position involves extensive evening and weekend hours, seven days a week.
- Housing and transportation to and from the festival.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
Wage commensurate with experience. Free attendance at all concerts. Some meals provided.
Qualified applicants should apply through Ravinia’s website and are required to provide a cover letter, resume, and a current copy of their driving record. All hiring is conditional upon receiving an approved background check. Employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Please no phone calls or emails.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH A COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND COPY OF THEIR DRIVING RECORD.
All hiring is conditional on receiving an approved background check.
**Driving records are generally available at your local Secretary of State or DMV office.
Please no phone calls or emails.