Office and Video Production Project Assistant (part-time) – Alkaye Media Group – Westmont, IL
Company: Alkaye Media Group
Location: Westmont, IL
Alkaye Media Group
PLEASE READ ALL — we do not want people who “just apply”
Start Your Video Career Here
New Grad or a Junior or Senior in College? Do you have a strong interest in Video Production and have great organization and office skills along with an upbeat personality and strong work-ethic?
Alkaye Media in Westmont has a great entry-level position for a person to work part-time in our studio and on location. Your work will include doing clerical duties (65%) as well video production (shooting and editing) – (30%) and assisting on jobs (5%) — (days plus some nights and weekends once in a while).
We’ll be honest. This job is NOT for everyone. We’re a well-established, very diverse store-front business that touches people’s lives in many ways. Projects range from Video Production ( live event shoots and corporate) to outdoor movie presentations and even conversions of video, film, slides and audio.
Do you possess –
- A great work ethic with a “do what it takes” attitude (our clients expect that)?
- Great organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and enjoy variety ?
- High energy with a quick mind and ability to think ‘outside the box? ‘
- Ability to work alone or with a team and add ideas to the project?
- Outgoing people-focused and engaging personality (good at creating relationships)?
If you can emphatically answer “YES” to these, then read on
Duties and Requirements
- Working in our office, doing all kinds of things –so you need to be well organized, possess great attention to detail and know a PC (not MAC, tablet or phone)
- Good skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) on PC as well as Google Docs package
- Ability and desire to work with clients via phone or in person (no text or chat)
- General office duties (video packaging, minor bookkeeping, cleaning, preparing documents, client correspondence)
- Video Camera (full-size HD) and DSLR camera skills
- Video Editing on a PC –we use Vegas and Premier (no MACs in house)
If you have writing, graphic, social media marketing, and web (WordPress Admin) skills….great!
Bring your ‘A’ game and a lot of energy as you can get as much out of this position as you put it in. We set no limits on your opportunities. In the beginning, you must be available 3 days per week for approx. 3-4-hour daytime shifts and perhaps weekends. This will increase as summer approaches.
We have very high standards, yet comfortable culture. This is a public contact position so good grooming and personality is critical. Our dress code requires a neat, well-groomed appearance. You must have a professional attitude, which can be supported by references from a previous employer. A car will help (you may do some traveling) as well as living within 10 miles to our Westmont area location
To Apply – Email a cover letter about yourself and why you feel this job is for you and resume. (NOTE: Form letters or emails without a customized letter are tossed out)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.50 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Videographer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Docs: 2 years (Preferred)
- Video Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma