Media Center Assistant Manager – The Art Institute of Chicago – Chicago, IL
Company: The Art Institute of Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL
The Art Institute of Chicago
Provide support to a high quality fine arts and design education by facilitating the School of the Art Institute of Chicago community’s access to contemporary resources, facilities and resources for the instruction, creation, documentation and exhibition of artwork and educational materials of varying media.
Manage daily operation of equipment circulation at all three Media Center locations during night and weekend operating hours. Assist in the training and supervision of work-study student employees in the delivery of circulation resources and services. Maintain the systems that provide access to instructional media resources for faculty, departments, and students.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and provide continuous daily management and training of 45 to 60 student workers. Confer with the Media Center management team regarding the evaluation, promotion and discipline of student workers. As part of a team track student progress and development.
- Provide continuity from morning shifts to evening shifts for student workers and Media Center users. Act as ranking department supervisor during evening hours.
- Provide supplementary oversight for SAIC Photography Facility student employees during night and weekend hours.
- Conduct orientation and continuous training support for Media Center student employees. Maintain employee training records.
- Coordinate and improve communication between areas of Media & Instructional Resources to create an effective working environment. Serve as a liaison with Columbus, Sharp and MacLean Media Center Managers.
- Receive and evaluate all Special & Instructional Equipment Requests. Convert approved requests into official reservations.
- Create content and maintain the Media Center social media sites.
- Develop and recommend alternative policies and procedures to guide the use and access of Media & Instructional Resources services. As part of a team, maintain WebCheckout data and report system issues.
- Research and recommend new equipment purchases. Stay current with technological advances and trends. Consult with the SAICl community to maintain high quality equipment and resources for SAIC.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in video, film, photography, multimedia, art and technology, or related digital production field.
- Supervisory experience in customer service, especially in instructional technology/media services.
- Experience in higher education administration or production rental facility highly desirable.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package:
- 5+ weeks of paid time off
- Paid holidays (up to 14 days)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive retirement plan (up to 9% matching contribution)
- Tuition remission and Tuition Exchange Program
- Great employee discounts
- Complimentary general admission to participating cultural institutions
Want to stay abreast of the latest job openings at the Art Institute?
Sign up for our Employment Opportunities E-announcements.
Application Time Out Warning
The Art Institute of Chicago requires all applicants to complete an online application to be considered for employment. 60 minutes are allotted for applicants to complete the employment application. The application will automatically time out after 60 minutes. If you are unable to submit the completed application at this time, please choose the “Save for Later” option to avoid losing the information you have entered so far.