Masterbrand Art Director – Amer Sports Company – Chicago, IL
Company: Amer Sports Company
Location: Chicago, IL
Amer Sports Company
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You’ll Do:
We are currently seeking a Masterbrand Art Director to provide art direction and creative solutions for our communications and marketing needs. The Masterbrand Art Director will present and articulate the creative process from inspiration to final design solution with internal clients in our various business units and at all levels in the organization, ensuring design consistency across the brand. He or she will also work closely with corporate marketing and communications to design solutions and executions for strategic Masterbrand initiatives, executive communications and presentations, and internal and external communications programs.
As the Masterbrand Art Director, you will:
- Perform hands-on Masterbrand and executive design assignments from start to final production such as logo designs, packaging, on-line designs and experiences, business presentations, company meeting presentations, company events, corporate and brand video story boarding and art direction, and other specialty projects.
- Lead the refreshment, development and layout of the Masterbrand brand book, collaborating with Art Directors and Marketing Directors to develop the final piece.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications on the creative expression of the Masterbrand philanthropic platform, including development of logos, wilson.com content, and needed internal and external-facing design elements.
- Coordinate with the Business Director to define specifications for the quoting and bidding of various projects within defined design perimeters to ensure quality and proper execution.
- Work with internal and external photographers and/or videographers and editors to coordinate and provide creative direction, product samples, photo layouts and background concepts for various projects.
- Investigate and vet potential digital tools to help continually advance the brand’s creative digital connections with consumers.
- Maintain the job log for project tracking as well as individual tracking sheets.
What We’re Looking For :
This role requires 10+ years of experience in agencies, small design firms or corporate in-house graphics department as a Senior Graphic Designer or Art Director. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a Graphics related field is also preferred.
Other qualifications include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing others.
- Excellent working knowledge of Macintosh computers and graphics related software as well as advanced working knowledge of photography, photo shoots, separations and printing processes.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and related design software. Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and KeyNote helpful.
- Understanding of strategic business goals and the ability to develop creative solutions that connect with financial and consumer engagement targets.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization as well as project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present and articulate design concepts and information, respond to questions and work with the cross-functional teams up and down the organization.
- Proven outstanding ability to work under pressure, be flexible with work hours, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Advanced skills at conventional design and illustration abilities to communicate quick ideation.
What We’ll Provide
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.