Freelance Motion Graphics Designer – Brella Productions – Evanston, IL
Company: Brella Productions
Location: Evanston, IL
FREELANCE Motion Graphics Designer: Completely familiar with a variety of motion design techniques, ranging from 2D to 3D. Working in a highly collaborative environment, where they will regularly interact with fellow designers as well as with project coordinators and account managers. The Freelance Motion Graphics Designer serves as a point person for project motion design and production. This position is the lead animator/motion designer of creative and production from the Digital Video Director and/or Art Director.
Freelance Motion Graphics Job Duties:
- Demonstrates the ability to think conceptually and strategically.
- Be able to provide rationale for design solutions and how they support the project’s objectives.
- Work independently or with a small team of motion designers throughout all phases of motion design and realization
- Work in close collaboration with designers, product managers, Art Director and Digital Video Director throughout all phases of project development
- Direct the effort of and contribute to creating clear and detailed motion design process per clients recommendations and requests
- Conceptualize original ideas and/or translate existing concepts into composited motion graphics and video animations utilizing industry standard design, 2D and 3D software.
- Take ownership of the animation creative process in the post-production environment.
- Participate in the ideation of new products and services, illustrate them through rich, interactive demonstrations, and document them
- Display an exceptional sense of visual design, passion for the animation field and a clear interest in motion graphics and related new technology.
- Appropriately track work to allow other motion design personnel to follow progress and/or make revisions.
- Output and compress animations in multiple formats depending on specific delivery needs.
- Strong time management skills; Leads team to complete work by or before deadline.
- Mentor more junior motion designers and facilitate their professional growth
- Create illustrations and detailed documentation of motion designs
- Exhibits the highest creative and technical levels in all aspects of work presentation, process and end product.
- Present ideas and solutions to diverse functional roles
- Acts as liaison between Digital Video and Design Departments; acts as motion “translator”
- Ability to create motion story boards; comfortable with fast turn story boarding projects.
- Ability to make sure that the story boards will translate into motion cleanly.
Skills/Qualifications: May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 5 years’ experience with a major motion graphic firm, film/video production house, or advertisement firm; alternatively with web or design consulting firm in a motion graphic design capacity. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effect, Final Cut Pro, and in at least one 3D motion design tool, such as Cinema 4D or similar.