Freelance Group Creative Director – Weber Shandwick – Chicago, IL
Company: Weber Shandwick
Location: Chicago, IL
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America and has strength and depth across consumer marketing, corporate communications, health and technology. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media. Current Global offers exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com
Current Global is seeking a Freelance Group Creative Director to join our creative team. We are looking for someone to spearhead the development of fully integrated campaigns (yes, really: full funnel, multi-channel, big picture) campaigns, partnering with a small and mighty team based in Chicago.
You will be instrumental in helping to translate our client’s objectives into crafted messages and visuals for focus group testing — and for consumer audiences. We’re looking for a candidate who has the vision to define conceptual creative approach — and the attention to detail to ensure that all our outputs are beautifully crafted.
Our ideal candidate is big on partnership and low on ego. S/he believes that agencies must be strategic partners that help drive our clients’ businesses forward. Unfailingly curious, s/he has fingers on the pulse of culture — pop, fringe, and nerd. And s/he understands that context is as critical as craft when evaluating a creative idea.
- Oversee art directors, copywriters and videographers to create full-funnel content for clients
- Partner with strategists and account teams to develop creative solutions and campaigns that strengthen clients’ market positions
- Collaborate and concept across integrated teams and across platforms
- Promote continual improvement and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation for new business efforts
- Collaborate with teams across the region and the agency to maximize strategic resources
- Stay up to date with cultural and industry (ours and our clients’) trends
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including experience in an agency setting
- Understand strategic rigor and how to translate strategy into powerful ideas
- Experience delivering creative assets for earned, owned and paid strategies
- Experience leading the production of creative assets across media
- Knowledge of interactive design, user-centered experience design, digital marketing trends
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Proven track record of business growth, both new and organic
- Experience building, leading and mentoring high-performing teams
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at [email protected] ( [email protected] ). This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.