FLEX Videographer, SPV – Chicago – Nordstrom – Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL
A LOT GOES INTO THAT TINY SHOPPING CART.
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
Our e-commerce team at Nordstrom ensures that customers experience the same great fashion and service on Nordstrom.com as they expect in our stores by remaining committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
A day in the life…
The Flex Videographer will team with staff and freelancers to create videos for Nordstrom.com. The goal is to provide a great online customer experience while connecting customers with our people, stores and Nordstrom’s deep fashion expertise. Flexibility in hours during peak periods required.
- Partner with on-set team and Producer to ensure efficient workflow, and the highest quality videos.
- Communicate with Producers and Managers to ensure superior talent is selected and trained for video shoots.
- Direct talent at video shoots on speaking points and overall presentation
- Manage color accuracy along all video shoots.
- Implement lighting according to Nordstrom’s guides and standards.
- Ship daily video footage in a timely manner to expedite post-production
- Maintain audio and video supplies, and equipment and research and report on new technology
- Possess an understanding of video and audio production for troubleshooting and quick resolution
- Assist in Videography workflow and technology, and support the implementation of new ideas.
- Adhere to freelance job duties, expectations and Nordstrom policies.
You own this if you have…
- Bachelors or Associates degree with a focus in Audio and Video Production
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, MS Office Suite
- 5 years Audio and Video Production experience
- 3 year’s experience working in the fashion industry
- Ability to lift 60 pounds (video equipment, props)
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- Clear and effective verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
*** This is a flexible schedule and on-call, as needed position and not full-time. Hours and scheduling will depend on volume of work ***
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.