Film Selection Committee Internship – International Children’s Media Center – Chicago, IL
Company: International Children's Media Center
Location: Chicago, IL
International Children's Media Center
The International Children’s Media Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to changing the way children and youth engage media through a variety of unique programs.
Note: The Selection Committee (SelCom) internship is a 12-week summer internship requiring interns be available Mon/Wed/Fri for 6 hours daily.
ICMC internships offer professional work experience. Successful applicants will have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong appreciation for film as an art form and an instrument of social change
- A discerning eye and good retention of detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Be a quick learner.
- Be able to work independently & to multi-task.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) and Power Point.
- Be reliable, responsible and accountable.
Schedule: ICMC internships require a minimum commitment of 3 full-time days per week for 3 months. Internships may require additional weekday, evening and/or weekend hours for public events.
Film Selection/Programming Committee – (Summer)
As members of the ICMC’s Selection Committee (SelCom), interns will learn the first steps in producing a high quality film festival, including jurying, rating and discussing 600+ films submitted to the ICMC. Interns will first learn about the broad range of festivals and events produced by the ICMC, and the criteria for selection of content for each of those events. SelCom members will make final recommendations about all films to be included in ICMC programs, and assist in managing databases charting the outcomes of their recommendations.
Candidates should have background in film production or film criticism and have strong writing skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Access is required. Position will require several hours of group film viewing and discussion a week.
- Facilitating and participating in film discussions
- Writing film descriptions
- Maintaining film ratings database and comments documents.
- Recommending films for various ICMC programs
- Must be able to run VCR/DVD and computer-based electronic media players (such as VLC) and projectors, as well as take detailed notes on each group’s responses to submissions.
If time is available: other tasks or special projects organized by ICMC Executive Director.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- cellar/winery: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- College Credit
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction