Executive Producer – Sports – Sinclair Broadcast Group – Chicago, IL
Sinclair Broadcast Group job in Chicago, IL
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Marquee Sports Network will be the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. In partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group, we bring together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies. Go Cubs! Play ball!
Marquee Sports Network has an amazing opportunity for an Executive Producer for all its live programming and original content. Be one of the first hires and score this opportunity in this newly created cable channel where you will oversee the live production of Cubs baseball games, pre and post-game shows and production of any original content.
A background in TV production, combined with a creative eye, technical acumen, strong leadership and a knowledge of sports in general and Cubs baseball in particular, will put you in excellent stead to lead and encourage our sports production team to create strong content to present to our viewers across all platforms.
- Lead a team responsible for creating informative, entertaining and engaging video content that can be applied across all viewing platforms
- Manage full production team for the Marquee Sports Network, including on air talent, production staff, technical crew and graphics team
- Provide managerial oversight for editorial content across multiple platforms
- Lead and implement editorial plan for content and studio programming
- Lead daily content planning and post-show meetings to review execution of assignments
- Manage all financials for MSN original productions, including tracking and keeping to budget costs for trucks, editing, post production, overtime , etc
- Supervise editing of highlights and feature elements for content and production
- Work across multiple departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials across all viewing platforms
- BA/BS degree in TV/Film, Journalism, Communications or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 10 years television production experience, live sports preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Proven ability to create social media content, web/ digital content and live sports broadcasts
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Highly collaborative; demonstrated ability to work across functions to deliver high quality content
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- 5+ years management experience, specifically leading production teams and technical crews
- Must possess poise under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace![Read more]
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...