EVENT MANAGER – Modern Luxury – Chicago, IL
Company: Modern Luxury
Location: Chicago, IL
Directly Reports to: Director of Marketing, Chicago
At Modern Luxury, connection and community define who we are. Reaching an audience of more than 16 million, we are the nation’s largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S. Through the
power of the Modern Luxury platform including 85+ brands across 22 markets, we deliver powerful marketing solutions allowing luxury brands to connect with their audiences in the places and ways that matter most.
Modern Luxury Chicago
is a unique market representing the largest portfolio with seven brands including
CS, the flagship celebrating twenty five years in September,
Michigan Avenue, Men’s Book, Interiors Chicago, Weddings Chicago, CityGuide Chicago and Charity & Social Datebook.
Under the Director of Marketing, the Event Manager develops and executes marketing initiatives for the multi-media brands in Chicago. This includes conceiving and producing revenue generating events and fulfilling client directed events in the market. The Event Manager will
build relationships within the market that will create opportunities for effective brand and client partnerships. The role encompasses marketing, event and public relations for all areas of company business; magazine, digital and events.
The ideal candidate will have experience in events and management with excellent project management
skills in order to deliver programs on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will also have proven negotiation, problem solving and organization skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be customer service oriented with calm and professional demeanor. Ability to lead
crew in execution of event requirements. Teamwork & leadership skills are a must. Ability to make clear, concise decisions; sometimes with limited information. Ability to solve any problems that may occur during event execution.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage Chicago market event strategy-from concept to execution
- Conceive, create, and produce revenue generating events for the brand in market
- Optimize client integration and sponsorship to ensure profitability of event programming
- Manage all event production/activation including all details and client deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing relationships with local cultural institutions, charities, film/TV/cable studios, members-only clubs, publicists (for driving celeb to events), etc. to create cross promotional partnerships.
- Manage all existing media sponsorships and associated activations/obligations and secure brand synergistic partnerships and sponsorship opportunities for advertisers
- Managing events and sponsorships with the direction of Director of Marketing
- Assist annual Modern Luxury publications when needed: Charity & Social Datebook and CityGuide Chicago
- Lead all signature Wedding-related events (Afternoon of Bridal Luxury, Evening of Bridal Luxury) as well as ML Weddings Chicago participation in major client events
- Manage/write event collateral with the supervision of Marketing Director (coordinate with in house design team)
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism)
- 2-3 years of experience in event planning
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and G-Suite
- Superior project management and organization skills with ability to multitask and work well in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be client service and detail oriented
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Background in experiential marketing a plus
- Understanding of the publishing and digital marketing landscape also a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit resume materials to Samantha Tobias, Director of Marketing Chicago, at