Evening News Intern – Fall – Tribune Media Company – Chicago, IL
Company: Tribune Media Company
Location: Chicago, IL
Tribune Media Company
WGN-TV is seeking currently seeking an Evening News Intern for the Fall term.
- Assist writers in editing videos for broadcast
- Download videos from multiple sources and edit for broadcast
- Monitor social media for stories and elements for possible use in newscasts
- Reach out to users through social media to request footage of events/stories, as well as to interview witnesses and report information back to the station.
– Identify trending and breaking news – find news online before other media covers it.
- Transcribing interviews, finding soundbites.
- Opportunity to assist on shoots, archive research.
- Identifying and contacting people directly involved in stories to secure permissions for video and photos.
- Offer ideas, input and feedback during brainstorming cycles.
- Handle miscellaneous urgent tasks as they arise
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, and able to multitask. Good communication skills and eye for viral news stories is a must. Basic production and video editing skills preferred (we use Final Cut).
– Must be 18 or older and a registered student in good standing at an accredited college or university.
– Must be able to work the hours required by department.
– Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involvedInternships pays City of Chicago minimum wage.<