Editor Assistant Intern – Broadcast Management Group – Chicago, IL
Company: Broadcast Management Group
Location: Chicago, IL
Broadcast Management Group
Broadcast Management Group (BMG) is looking for part-time Editor Assistant intern in Chicago, IL. Candidates should have a Communications or Video Production background. This internship will be given real-world, hands-on responsibilities to help support a financial television network. This position will work with the post-production staff and social media team and will primarily consist of video editing. Interns are given an in-depth learning opportunity to see what goes into producing daily television. Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and be able to commit to a set, consistent schedule. This position pays $12/hour.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize graphic and edit projects
- Coordinate between editors, social team, network talent, and producers
- Complete short video edits for studio productions, VOD, and social media
- Research and prep video and graphic assets with in-house archive and third-party websites
- Creating motion graphics with pre-made templates in After Effects
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of Premiere and basic editing fundamentals
- Knowledge of basic animation fundamentals
- Understanding of motion graphics techniques using Adobe After Effects CC
- Full-time college students or recent grads preferred.
- Communications or Video Production majors preferred.