Director of Television and Radio Production Broadcasting – Triton College – River Grove, IL
Company: Triton College
Location: River Grove, IL
Provide oversight for the, operation and staff of the Mass Communication (MCM) program television studio, radio station and student lab. Collaborate with MCM faculty on the development and growth of studio operations. Maintain operations and licensure of the school’s ITFS broadcast system, cable television channel, WRRG FM radio, and satellite down-link facility.
1. Supports Mass Communication (MCM) faculty in the leadership direction and operation of the department, television studio, radio station, and student lab.
2. Directs and supervises college audio and video marketing efforts
3. Monitors and implements contractual and legal obligations, and relationships with outside entities (ITFS lessee, cable companies, the FCC, etc.).
4. Schedules and supervises satellite up-link and down-link transmissions.
5. Facilitates staffing and training for the operation of the school’s television and radio systems in collaboration with MCM faculty.
6. Provides technical expertise and support to faculty for the delivery of video and audio instructional materials.
7. Consults administration, faculty, and staff on video production and the utilization all broadcast networks.
8. Monitors emerging technologies, consults on acquisition and implementation in regards to strategic development for the institution.
9. Insures that all policies and procedures for departmental operations and staffing are followed.
10. Maintains operational records. Assists in the development of annual budgets and monitors cost centers in both operational and auxiliary budgets.
11. Produces, directs, writes, and edits various television and radio productions as needed.
13. Coordinates and consults with Mass Communication (MCM) faculty concerning equipment acquisition and studio space usage.
14. In cooperation with MCM faculty, facilitates and administrates student equipment check-out and equipment inventory.
15. Available to provide student access to the lab, equipment check-out, and studio space during posted times throughout the week. Also, during these times, available to students to answer questions and supervise the lab and studio spaces.
16. Assists MCM instructors with larger class projects.
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of Arts & Sciences.
Supervision exercised over television and radio production staff. Classified, hourly, student workers, volunteer, and freelance (contractual) personnel
Bachelors Degree in Radio, Television, and Film, or Communications, with a strong emphasis in audio/video production and delivery systems.
At least seven years experience in television and radio production,
broadcasting, and programming. Experience in instructional design and operation of multiple delivery systems. A minimum of three years supervisory experience in a production and broadcast environment, preferably in a non-profit educational setting.
Ability to develop, produce, and supervise radio and television production and broadcasting.. Capable of training students and staff in all phases of equipment usage. Video and audio production skills. A working knowledge of current FCC rules and regulations, broadcast marketing strategies, and audience evaluation methods. Computer literacy and experience with PC and Mac platforms. Ability to work with outside clients, agencies, and the general public.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
1. Annual salary of $61,956;
2. Official transcripts required at time of interview;
3. Contact information of three references must be provided at time of interview;
4. Recommended hire will be subject to pre-employment screenings;
5. Triton College is an AA/EOE