Creative Director – Tovala – Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL
How you’ll spend your time at Tovala:
- As the Creative Director at Tovala, you’ll build on top of Tovala’s early brand foundation to create and realize a long-term vision for our brand & creative identity across the end to end consumer experience, both physical and digital.
- Reporting to the CMO, you’ll provide inspirational creative leadership by managing, developing and expanding an in-house Creative team (visual/UX designers and copywriters)
- You will oversee all aspects of creative production from concepting to execution including brand campaigns, emails, social content, ads, website, app, product launches, menu photography, packaging, retail and brand experiential.
- You’ll champion bold ideas and inventive approaches that will build the Tovala brand into a valuable long-term asset through breakthrough storytelling, content & design.
- You will act as our primary brand guardian by owning and protecting our brand identity system across all touchpoints leading the work to sharpen our brand guidelines and creating processes to ensure brand consistency.
- You’ll work closely with our Brand Communications, Acquisition and Customer Experience teams to infuse the Tovala brand in all of our touch points through visuals, tone, voice, content and experience creating elegant creative solutions from early concept through final implementation
- You’ll partner with the Brand Communications team to produce big conceptual ideas and campaign platforms to elevate the Tovala brand across multiple media channels
- You’ll determine our resourcing strategy for creative production as we rapidly scale leveraging a combination of in-house team members, freelancers and agency partners
- You will serve as “Player – Coach” to the growing creative team, rolling up your sleeves to pitch in and deliver work and establishing a high bar for creative excellence that inspires the team.
- You’ll build additional rigor into the creative development process as well as implement new processes & tools that can drive speed & efficiency of execution
- You’ll produce and leverage data and consumer insights to inform brand and creative strategy, and champion the intersection of data and creativity.
- You have built strong brands that people love, preferably in the DTC or food space.
- You have experience developing the visual identity or look and feel for consumer brands, and have developed compelling multi-channel creative and brand marketing experiences including digital media, print, experiential, and packaging.
- You’re passionate about brands, ideas, storytelling, design,and experiences. You have a track record of success applying that passion towards brand development, effective marketing campaigns, and compelling customer experiences.
- You have deep consumer empathy and a love of culture, leveraging insights & trends to fuel your creative ideas & solutions
- You have experience managing a diverse creative team of visual designers, UX designers, videographers, and copywriters.
- You’re a self-driven, highly motivated leader able to work in a fast moving, ever-changing cross-functional team environment.
- You champion good ideas no matter where they come from, and you listen when other people are talking. You not only understand the world, but can take a point of view in it that’s insightful enough to be noticed
- You’re a natural team player and collaborator who enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds
You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve on Instagram. All fair game.
- 8-10 years of experience at a creative agency or brand in-house creative team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience working on consumer brands/products
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, online advertising, interactive commerce, packaging and overall knowledge of the creative process
- Recognized expertise in one of the following: advertising, brand design, digital or interactive design
- Advanced portfolio with relevant work examples as both an individual and team leader
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); ability to propose ideas across teams, inspire the organization to take creative risks
- Experience managing teams and developing people is required
- Experience working in the food industry is highly preferred