Camera Prep Technician I – Production Resource Group – Chicago, IL
Company: Production Resource Group
Location: Chicago, IL
Production Resource Group
The Camera Prep Technician I is responsible for the configuration and assembly of client orders and management of preps and crew needs on the prep floor. There is also responsibility for quality control of VER’s camera equipment. He/she will also assist in other departments as needed.
- Responsible for the configuration and assembly of client orders
- Management of client preps and crew needs on the prep floor
- Keep an orderly and professional working environment that reflects our commitment to excellence
- Clean equipment after check in when returned; inspect new equipment upon delivery
- Organize and store all tested equipment
- Ensure all equipment is in top cosmetic shape in cooardination with our QC technicians
- Identifies equipment that requires further inspection or repair, and moves that equipment to a QC Technician
- Work cooperatively within a team and with other departments
- Demonstrate effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Work well under hard deadlines; ability to plan workflow accordingly
- Basic understanding of digital cinema and production equipment and functionality
- 6 months to 1 year of experience working with motion picture equipment a plus
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a time-sensitive production environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Availability to work overtime during peak seasons
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving. Physical activities include frequent use of hand tools, bending, stooping, lifting, climbing stairs, carrying, walking and/or reaching regularly
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.