Camera Operator – Shalom World TV – Arlington Heights, IL
Company: Shalom World TV
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Shalom World TV
As a television camera operator, you will work with video and DSLR cameras and produce required shots by combining the use of complex technology with creative visual skills. You may work on a variety of programs, for example studio or outside broadcast programs, documentaries, interviews, or news.
The position is based out of SHALOM WORLD’s office in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- Assemble, prepare, and set-up equipment prior to filming, which may include tripods, monitors, lighting, cables, and headphones
- Must have creative framing skills and be able to offer advice on how best to shoot a scene and explain the visual impact created by particular shots
- Meticulously plan shots beforehand
- Practice the camera moves required for pre-arranged shots
- Study scripts
- Find solutions to technical or other practical problems (i.e. for outside filming, taking into account natural light conditions)
- Be prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas
- Work quickly to meet deadlines
- Keep up-to-date with filming methods and equipment
- Repair and maintain equipment when necessary
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with other members of the cast and crew
What to expect:
- Outside filming may mean that you will work in a variety of weather conditions
- Dedication, patience, and stamina are needed. The work can be physically demanding as you have to stand for long periods of time and carry heavy equipment
- You will work tight deadlines which may be stressful and there may be long waits between shots and takes may have to be repeated until the recording is perfect
Technical skills and appropriate experience are far more important than formal qualifications. Experience in the television/film industry is preferred. Other relevant experience with lighting or cinematography is a plus. Must be authorized to work in the United States of America. All employees must undergo a background check prior to hire.