Columbia College Chicago
Ideal candidates will have produced immersive media experiences that demonstrate the ability to leverage cutting-edge production technologies and design approaches. For this position we define immersive media to include software-driven, interactive experiences like real-time 3D, VR/AR, immersive video and audio, and location-based or location-aware content. Candidates must demonstrate substantive creative and collaborative work in any of the contributing creative media disciplines that may inform XR moving ahead. Candidates are also encouraged to emphasize any work in the areas of civic media or mission-driven content.
The Interactive Arts and Media Department is one of four departments in the School of Media Arts, which includes Audio Arts and Acoustics, Cinema and Television Arts, and Communication. As a metropolitan campus with deep connections to Chicago’s diverse media and information landscape, faculty and students in the School of Media Arts are part of a connected city-wide learning laboratory that prepares them to be empowered voices, deeply skilled artists and cultural producers, and leaders in the future of our collective media industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach at the undergraduate and graduate level in areas assigned by the Department Chair.
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
- Supervise and advise students.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
- Commit to continuing professional development.
- Actively follow and promote Columbia College Chicago policies.
- MFA or other terminal degree in computer science, digital media, human computer interaction, computational media or other relevant field with related certification.
- Professional experience and college teaching experience are highly desirable where applicable.
To apply for this position, submit the following materials:
- A letter outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications, and vision for the position.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three references. References will not be contacted without prior consultation with the applicant.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Manager without Direct Reports
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Assistant Professor, Immersive and Interactive Media – Columbia College Chicago – Chicago, IL
Columbia College Chicago job in Chicago, IL
You may also be interested in...
- Administrative Senior Associate – Crowe – Chicago, IL ⧁ Job Summary Administrative Senior Associate This position provides administrative support to Partners and Directors in the ...
- Volunteer PA’s for Short Film Shoot, May 3-5 (Olympia Fields & Flossmoor, IL) ⧁ Looking for some volunteer production assistants for a Sci Fi Short Film being shot ...
- Show Technical Director – Deluxe Entertainment Services Group – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Job Show Technical Director Description Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in ...
- Radio Intern – UnmutedCo. – Chicago, IL ⧁ Internship BossFM/BOSSFM U Digital Internship (6 MONTHS or 1 YEAR) INTERN – Digital Assistant(Radio Production & ...
- Post Production Assistant – Video Multimedia Company – Chicago, IL ⧁ Chicago Production & Post Company is lookingfor an experienced post production assistant. Candidate needs two ...