Assistant Director of Video Production – The Art Institute of Chicago – Chicago, IL
Company: The Art Institute of Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL
The Art Institute of Chicago
For more than 150 years, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has been a leader in educating the world’s most influential artists, designers and scholars. Located in downtown Chicago with a fine arts graduate program consistently ranking among the top four graduate fine arts programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, SAIC provides an interdisciplinary approach to art and design as well as world-class resources, including the Art Institute of Chicago museum, on-campus galleries and state-of-the-art facilities. SAIC’s undergraduate, graduate and post-baccalaureate students have the freedom to take risks and create the bold ideas that transform Chicago and the world—as seen through notable alumni and faculty such as Michelle Grabner, David Sedaris, Elizabeth Murray, Richard Hunt, Georgia O’Keeffe, Cynthia Rowley, Nick Cave, and LeRoy Neiman.
This position acts as the primary video producer and editor for the SAIC. The Assistant Director of Video Production supports SAIC’s brand marketing initiatives and strategic objectives through the creation, management and editing of video and multimedia content. Collaborates with team members in the Office of Marketing & Communications and partners across campus to concept, develop, and execute visual storytelling.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and project manage video/digital production and documentation for SAIC on time and within budget. Under supervision of the Director of Marketing and Senior Graphic Designer, provide strategic direction for video and multimedia content for the SAIC website, social media channels, emails, and other distribution methods.
- Manage and execute video projects from start through completion including story development, research, location scouting, staging, recording and post-production editing. Work with colleagues in the Office of Marketing & Communications and across the organization to develop timely and relevant content that enhances brand initiatives.
- Track, analyze and report on online video performance to generate actionable insights, driving plans and improving future efforts.
- Obtain permissions and serve as the liaison between on-camera subjects, stakeholders, campus staff and vendors (if used). Maintain quality communication with institutional partners throughout production process to project completion.
- Oversee photographer position and assist with photographic production projects as needed.
- Hire and manage third-party vendors as needed.
- Recruit, train and supervise student employees. Assign and manage student work on video projects as necessary.
- Implement post-production, storage and archival workflow according to SAIC institutional standards.
Bachelor’s degree in video, film, multimedia, or comparable experience in these or related production fields. Experience in film/video media production. Experience with video, photographic and sound production (cameras, lights, microphones, audio recorders, etc.). Excellent organizational and communication skills. Advanced non-linear video editing experience and knowledge, and proficiency in digital sound production and broadcast quality production highly desirable. Proficiency with AfterEffects & Adobe Creative Suite products. Knowledge of web applications and new media preferred.
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan