Assignment Desk Manager – Stadium – Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL
As the only major national sports network in the Midwest, Stadium offers a unique opportunity to create work that matters and define the future of the sports broadcasting industry. Stadium fosters and promotes entrepreneurial spirits and creativity. Located in the United Center, we are a goal focused team with a winning approach to what we do.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees the scheduling and assignment of news coverage, and takes active roles in planning in-depth series and special coverage.
- Manages all remote shoots, including booking talent, camera operators and engineers, as necessary.
- Oversees the scheduling of guest appearances and responsible for tracking budget associated with paid analysts.
- Oversees the scheduling of studio time, and maintain an accurate account of the day’s events in iNews
- Assist in producing content by developing and organizing programming and story development.
- Coordinate and manage all breaking news content as well as establish and maintain specific policies associated therein.
- Connects daily with professional team PR departments, organizations and agents, to get quality guests on-air, including for our original programming. This includes all United Center events and promotional campaigns. Also could include travel to specific locations and major events when guests are booked to direct content to fit our platforms.
- Research, hire, facilitate and cultivate a massive list of reputable clientele from different entities all over the world, including PR firms, agencies and other professional organizations to schedule and promote appearances.
- Collaborate with all major sports leagues and individual teams/organizations within to gather appropriate content, information and discussion. Also extends to a collegiate and high school level, with constant communication with correlated SID’s.
- Works with other departmental managers to communicate coverage decisions.
- Responsible for maintaining effective and efficient communications regarding all incoming video feeds.
- In conjunction with the Communications Manager, collaborate with live events team to instruct talent how to accurately denote and brand the network in their daily responsibilities and coordinate with local market affiliates to schedule promotional interviews.
- Assist in creating and updating Stadium Media Guide with all-access information to all things related to the network.
- Participate in meetings where cross-platform content sharing is discussed and developed, including current and future deals and opportunities.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Outward passion for the media industry and a desire to succeed.
- 3-5 years of experience as an assignment manager in a major market.
- Strong knowledge of sports and sports news gathering, and creative mindset for content acquisition and guest booking.
- Limitless connections and reputable contacts surrounding talent, athlete and celebrity acquisition.
- Ability to multitask and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with using AVID platforms, such as Interplay, iNews and others.