Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Remote Studio Operations, the Videographer/Editor is a long form and post-production editor and shooter that will edit and shoot content for NESN’s food, dining, lifestyle and fitness show with a sports theme. Responsibilities will also include related duties for other NESN productions as assigned.
- You will:
- Handle DSLR field shooting, typically lead camera, on interviews, cooking demonstrations, food displays, client locations and hosting segments
- Shoot video and still photography of food, products and beverages with design responsibilities
- Ensure photographic quality of shoot including lighting, audio and shot composition
- Manage relationship with outside clients at field shoots
- Troubleshoot and correct camera and field audio settings and first level equipment problems
- Edit features, segments and entire 30-minute show on weekly basis, evaluating and presenting footage for review as requested
- Edit multi-camera interviews, cooking demonstrations, food displays, bumpers, and hosting segments.
- At times, independently decide creative, production and limited editorial decisions for program or promos
- Maintain and enhance established editorial tone and network / program image, assisting on new and innovative program ideas and initiatives
- Assist CPs and Operations in scheduling process, including both long-range planning and short-term changes
- Interact with internal peers and managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- Post video and still photography content to show web site.
- Meet shoot, edit and delivery deadlines in a fast and efficient manner.
- Monitor and stay “current” on television industry editing/presentational trends
- Successfully complete related tasks/duties/projects as assigned
- You have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of editor and videographer experience at a post production company, network or TV Station
- Experience in food/lifestyle editing and shooting strongly preferred
- Experience executing and an “eye” for what makes quality television programming
- Experience shooting field-productions with ENG and DSLR equipment, field audio and lighting required
- Experience in TV post production editing, post production sound, shooting, field audio, and location lighting required
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with program sponsors, high profile restaurateurs and chefs
- Weekly feature show scriptwriting skills necessary
- Strong knowledge of non-linear edit systems required, experience on Adobe Premier edit system is a plus
- Proven track record working proactively and interdependently with others in a high pressure, post environment
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and sports-related productions as assigned
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values: People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion and Social Responsibility
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement