Video Producer – Wistia – Cambridge, MA
Location: Cambridge, MA
As a video software company that helps businesses build brand affinity, video is core to everything we do—and that’s where you come in! At Wistia, we’re fully invested in video and believe in the power it has to build amazing brands and businesses. That’s why this is such an exciting opportunity for the right talented and passionate videographer. In this role, you’ll own the video production process end-to-end—you’ll be responsible for producing engaging, creative videos while meeting the needs and requirements of key stakeholders across the business.
You’ll work closely with other content creators and copywriters on the Content & Creative team to deliver on an array of videos, such as in-app tutorials, product launches, landing page videos, customer testimonials, videos for social media, blog content, and more. Additionally, you’ll work with our Associate Dir. of Content & Creative to ensure that the overall messaging, direction, and execution of our videos are well-aligned with Wistia’s brand.
- Collaborate with teams across the business. *You’ll be responsible for understanding the needs of different departments from a video perspective, holding creative brief meetings, and providing status updates on various media assets, ensuring smooth, on-time delivery.
- Produce videos from end-to-end.* From pre-production through post-production, you’ll be responsible for concepting, scripting, directing, shooting, editing, color grading, basic motion graphics, and more.
- Own the video request process. *In this role, you will oversee the strategy and execution of all video production needs across the business.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting our Marketing, Product, and Sales teams by brainstorming, writing, shooting and editing videos for our customer-facing projects.
- Deliver creative, on-brand assets*. Work with the Content & Creative team to maintain the quality—and push the boundaries—of the Wistia brand as it pertains to video.
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated professional videography, filmmaking, and editing experience
- A deep understanding of DSLR, mirrorless, and/or cinema cameras and lenses
- Technical expertise of all key aspects of video production including lighting, framing, and recording clean audio
- Have knowledge of Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut X, After Effects, and the willingness to learn After Effects would be helpful but not necessary
- Understanding that bad ideas are a part of the creative process; know when to fight for an idea, and more importantly, when to let it go and move on
- Team player who can clearly articulate visual concepts and can communicate effectively with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders
- Experience with and comfort directing non-actors on camera
- From personal to professional videos, your work should be an indicator that you have a deep passion for video.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page (https://wistia.com/jobs) to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We’re right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park