The Video Executive Producer & Digital Storyteller will work closely across multiple departments internally at DataRobot as well as with DataRobot customers to tell the story of how DataRobot helps organizations leverage the extraordinary power of artificial intelligence. The position will create video content to increase the awareness of DataRobot as the strategic vendor of choice for organizations that want to become AI-driven. The Executive Producer & Digital Storyteller will use their technical and creative expertise and obsession for storytelling to engage audiences in DataRobot’s mission, share customer and DataRobot stories, and help key audiences we wish to reach understand the unique benefits we can bring them. We view video as a key part of our overall content marketing strategy for reaching our target audience, and the person in this role will be passionate about leveraging video to help us gain competitive advantage in the market.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned photographer and videographer in their own right, be able to conduct interviews and gather footage for a variety of platforms, and also have the knowledge and expertise to be able to scale up an in-house team based in Boston with additional resources in the Ukraine. They will be comfortable acting independently to capture visuals, but also be capable of leading and growing the team to meet the rapidly growing needs of the company across multiple functions.
- Oversee a talented team of producers and videographers to ensure the highest levels of creativity, productivity, happiness, and communication
- Deliver compelling videos including primarily customer testimonials, but also product training, customer training (HQ-based or at customer site), and internal corporate/employee videos.
- Prioritize projects to support the Sales process based on marketing strategy and needs at various stages in the buyer’s journey. Prioritize other requirements from across the DataRobot organization coming from Sales, Marketing, Product, Training, Customer Success, and the office of the CEO.
- Coordinate timelines, scripts, shot lists, resource allocation, and the video talent for shoots taking place around the world
- Collaborate with the marketing team regarding strategic alignment of projects, release dates, and channels
- Maintain the shooting schedule for the team and help prioritize video projects across the company
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget constraints, and inline with artistic and technical standards
- Scale production capabilities of team by leveraging a combination of local and offshore resources and hiring new talent as needed to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure brand compliance and consistency across projects
- Attract, lead, and develop direct reports and grow organizational competencies. Attract, develop and promote results-oriented skill sets and leadership that match with specific company and/or marketing function needs. Actively coach and mentor talent by creating opportunities for challenge and skill advancement, with appropriate reward and recognition. Measure direct report performance and provide feedback.
- Help the marketing team track the performance of DataRobot’s external videos (views, downloads, etc)
The Ideal Candidate
- You consider yourself a talented storyteller who understands the art and science of telling compelling stories that will inspire and move the viewer
- You possess a technical understanding of production including writing, audio and digital video recording, and editing.
- You have scaled in-house video production capabilities for other B2B technology companies using a combination of U.S.-based and offshore resources
- You can see a project through from conception to production to the final cut.
- You can jump in and help with the workload when necessary
- You are able to quickly resolve internal conflicts during production and in the editing room.
- You can outline a budget and working within its limitations.
- You have an eye for detail and consistency, and can ensure the highest quality final product.
- You possess strong leadership, decision-making, organizational, project management, and verbal communication skills.
- You are comfortable with delegation.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You possess a business and marketing mindset.
- 5+ years of management experience in film, television, or journalism
- Degree in film, television, journalism or a related field preferable.
- Hands on experience producing, editing, directing, and writing
- Have a robust portfolio or reel exhibiting production work you oversaw, directed, or personally produced