Senior Video Editor – Wayfair – Boston, MA
Location: Boston, MA
The Wayfair TV/Video team is looking to add a talented Video Editor to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for editing video across multiple work streams, including Wayfair s TV commercials, while also managing a team of video editors. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, takes pride in their work, is proactive and organized, and has had previous experience working within a video production team. Wayfair s internal video production team (10+ members) consists of video editors, motion designers, and cinematographers. The team is responsible for producing efficient, targeted marketing material based on data and analytics for all of Wayfair s media channels. This includes national TV, online video, social media, on-site initiatives, and much more.
What You ll Do:
- Work on a team of video editors to produce high quality edits for varied work streams, including broadcast TV commercials
- Work closely with writers/directors to make sure team meets director s vision
- Critique and provide feedback on all stages of the edit
- Create and implement process improvements
- Stay up to date on new technologies pertaining to the post production industry
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders
- Drive high-quality results and with great attention to detail
- Manage several projects at once while ensuring deadlines and quality of content is met
What You ll Need:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in professional video editing
- Experience working in e-commerce
- Experience working in an agency or in-house creative setting
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and leadership qualities
- Expertise in Premiere Pro (or comparable non-linear editor), After Effects, motion graphics, advanced compositing, and roto-scoping.
- Proficiency with DaVinci Resolve, sound mixing, and/or 3D modeling is a plus
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required. We would love to see:
- Work that demonstrates a strong eye for innovation, a respect for brand standards both following and creating them.
- A showcase of your video editing prowess
- A showcase of your love of experimentation and a command of available technology.
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.