Senior Broadcast Engineer & Platform Specialist – Abiomed – Danvers, MA
Address: Danvers, MA
Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,400 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
This is a unique opportunity to join a new video/content production team in a fast-growing company with a strong patient-centered mission. Abiomed’s Senior Broadcast Engineer & Platform Specialist will help the company execute against the technical & creative challenges in a rapidly changing production landscape.
- Develop and manage a broadcast quality streaming platform, helping executives communicate to a global audience, both internally & externally – meeting the highest quality standards
- Oversee the engineering & maintenance of Abiomed’s studio facilities, field gear, and post-production suites
- Manage a content storage solution for the video content team, working in conjunction with Abiomed’s IT Department, that meets company’s guidelines and risk parameters (Adobe Digital Asset Manager)
- At least 7-9 years of professional video engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of streaming platforms and distribution, flawlessly delivering in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Comfortable executing against the demands and deadlines of high-level executives
- Able to collaborate with producers, as well as Abiomed’s IT and Marketing departments
- Can adapt and execute in an ever-changing production landscape
- Experience with Canon field gear and the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- A positive attitude and the ability to think on your feet and effectively troubleshoot
- A willingness to travel, up to 25% of the time
- A desire to make a difference in the world and a passion for helping to improve the standard of care for heart disease patients
- Must be able to lift and move equipment and materials weighing up to 50 lbs
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.