Cox Media Group is looking for a Production Director to join our team at WFXT in Boston, Massachusetts.
Boston 25 directors execute clean and fast paced newscasts on air each day. Directors are the final gatekeeper and provide quality control for all aspects of the production. Using all the tools available in our facility Boston 25 directors bring our viewers engaging and compelling newscasts throughout the day.
- Block rundowns and code scripts.
- Lead production crew and assign tasks as needed.
- Consult with Producer on production needs including implementation of graphics produced by Design Department.
- Operate control room automation system during broadcast and ensure that changes in format make it on air cleanly.
- Work with Engineering Department to troubleshoot and solve technical issues.
- Have complete working knowledge of Sony ELC automation system in order to execute clean, well-paced live broadcasts.
- Stay up to date on current graphic templates and “look” standards.
- Communicate clearly with production crew so that everyone is on the same page with all aspects of broadcast.
- Find creative ways to present our content to viewers using all tools available including set positions, camera blocking, graphics, and StoryTeller.
- Take ownership of newscast by paying attention to details like background clutter, graphic needs, camera shading, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience directing local TV news is required
- Prior experience with control room automation systems is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of production
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
WFXT/Boston 25 is an equal opportunity employer.