Production Designer – Pegasystems – Cambridge, MA
Location: Cambridge, MA
Meet Our Team:
A smart, experienced group of in-house copywriters, designers, and videographers. We may work in tech but we live for original ideas and a great sense of humor. We’ve even got our own creative space to brainstorm and hang out in.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
A fast and flexible partner who jumps on new opportunities and geeks out over the nitty-gritty details, you’ll support all phases of the creative, design, and production processes – playing a vital role in developing creative content and marketing collateral.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Design templated marketing collateral; social tiles; digital, print, and OOH advertising; and event signage using pre-developed concepts. Resize artwork for different media.
- Collaborate with the Pega brand creative team to develop, maintain, and iterate on templates that balance efficiency with thoughtful, high-quality creative work. You’ll also assist in creating production guidelines for assets that have bespoke design systems.
- Support brand designers with simple studio requests, like text edits, image searches, photo retouching, and image color correcting.
- Help streamline creative team workflow by preparing packaging files and event exhibit files for print. Apply corporate branding to existing files and make sure those files are set up properly for print or web.
- Collect, process, upload, and archive files using our digital asset management (DAM) system.
- Identify opportunities to make our work more efficient and drive these initiatives forward, advocating for change as needed.
- With the appropriate experience, help with motion graphics, including storyboarding and compiling digital ads, animating GIFs, illustrations, keynote presentations, and more.
Who You Are:
- With 2-4 years of work experience as a production designer or in a similar role, you have a strong online portfolio and a reputation for professionalism, positivity, commitment, and follow-through. You know how to manage your time, work independently, meet deadlines, and collaborate respectfully.
- BA or associate degree in graphic design is preferred.
- Highly competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, you understand how to use each program effectively and match the right tool to the job.
- You have exceptional visual and typographic sensibility, a strong knowledge of four-color printing process, and a deep understanding of photography, color correcting, photo manipulation, and retouching.
- You understand how to build production-ready digital files for both print and web.
- A detail-oriented systems thinker, you’re not satisfied with the status quo and consistently recommend innovative ways to get work done.
- You can work within existing brand systems and conventions and articulate the rationale behind their use.
- You take feedback with an open mind and are willing to explore new ideas.
Pega Offers You:
- A chance to shape the brand of a fast-growing company and be part of the innovation wave in Cambridge’s Kendall Square.
- The world’s biggest brands as audiences for your work.
- The culture, meritocracy, and growth potential of a start-up with the resources, stability, and tenure of a well-established organization
- Competitive salary + bonus potential, employee equity in the company, 3 weeks paid vacation plus 10 holidays, 2 community service days, medical/eye/dental coverage, free parking/transportation subsidies, and even pet insurance!