Learning Experience Designer – Editor – Amazon Robotics LLC – North Reading, MA
Company: Amazon Robotics LLC
Location: North Reading, MA
Amazon Robotics LLC
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Be passionate about learning “how stuff works” and sharing knowledge with customers and peers.
- Operate in new domains with little direction, be a self-starter, and handle ambiguity.
- Work on small to medium projects of low complexity.
- Have working knowledge of content management and authoring tools. Use customer-centric writing, design, and research methodologies.
- Leverage and enhance existing technologies and information systems within the organization to address business problems.
- Deliver high-quality content that is accurate, complete, usable, discoverable, and conforming to the style guide.
- Update documentation as directed when the product changes.
- Seek customer feedback to identify ways to improve the learning experience, including resolving bugs (technical errors, broken links, and typos) and addressing content requests. Make necessary changes to the content.
Help us build the future of Amazon Robotics.
Does invention inspire you? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these, and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics, and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
The ideal candidate wants to find out “how stuff works” and deliver this knowledge across a variety of platforms while driving process improvements within Amazon Robotics’ fast-paced, growing organization. You will create and continuously improve learning experiences using an array of approaches that engage technical and business audiences and drive high-impact learning. You will be responsible for developing high-quality training content in the following formats: technical documentation, interactive elearning, video scripts, instructor-led content, virtual classroom design, tool kits, study guides, and simulations.
The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. The role also requires deep collaboration with SMEs including senior-level leaders across multiple disciplines/functional roles. We are looking for an individual who thrives on empowerment and accountability. This position is on the Learning and Information Development team.
This role is located at our corporate headquarters in North Reading, MA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, English, Communications or another technical communications-related field.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Experience (or interest) in visual, user experience design, information architecture, and data analysis.
- Experienced photographer and videographer (PhotoShop, Adobe Premiere).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage own work with minimal oversight in a fast-paced, frugal environment with multiple stakeholders and sometimes changing priorities.
- Familiarity with version control (Git), documentation authoring tools (Sphinx), content management systems (CMS), and SharePoint.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.