Film and Video Editor and Camera Operator – Hello China – Cambridge, MA
Company: Hello China
Location: Cambridge, MA
Film and Video Editor and Camera Operator
Hello China Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Hello China is a US company founded by Chinese investors, trying to enhance the communication and development of the economy, culture, education, and tourism between China and the US. With the goal to provide all-around services for Chinese around the world, the company determines to build a window to display the latest developments in China, facilitating communication between China and the world. Headquartered in Boston, US, Hello China has set up branches in New York, Maryland, and representative offices in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
Job Types: Full-time/Part-time
Hello China Inc. is looking for a talented Film and Video Editor and Camera Operator who will be responsible for designing and making the entire video including development, design, pre-production, shooting, editing, filmmaking, and production.
The ideal candidates should be grounded in storytelling, have a strong cinematic aesthetic and excellent creativity, and produce outstanding projects by using professional video shooting and editing technology. He/she needs to be a team player, working with the director and other members of the crew to complete the production of movies and videos.
· Develop and create bilingual (English and Mandarin) video contents for company’s projects. Conducts all aspects of professional-level video pre-production, production, and post-production including subject matter research, writing and editing narration scripts, shooting and video editing.
· Apply the most appropriate creative process of storytelling through the art of filmmaking including artistic treatment, tone, and style.
· Conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
· Create pitches and concepts for upcoming projects. Work with the Creative Team to establish the direction of video projects and brainstorm creative concepts.
· Collaborate with a director to determine the overall vision of the production.
· Shoot and record television programs, motion pictures, music videos, documentaries, or news.
· Organize digital footage with video-editing software. Edit, polish and combine raw video footage provided by other content creators.
· Select and add sound and audio to videos, including recording of voiceovers.
· Discuss filming and editing techniques with a director to improve a scene.
· Shoot or edit a scene based on the director’s vision.
· Select the appropriate equipment, such as the type of lens or lighting.
· Capture video coverage and interviews.
· Attend film festivals, community events, and company-organized events.
· Share best video, latest trends and technology for social and digital platforms.
· Graduate degree in film production, visual arts, communication or related filed preferred.
· Must be fluent in Mandarin and English.
· Master in Communication studies is a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Filmmaking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Required)
Related Production Jobs