Exhibition Production Assistant, Film – SWA Group – Boston, MA
Company: SWA Group
Location: Boston, MA
About the position:
SWA Group is seeking talented candidates who are interested in video production, multi-media production, cinematography, journalism, or communications related to urban design, landscape architecture, planning, and infrastructure in cities. This is an internship through SWA’s XL Lab and is open to degree candidates or recent graduates in film, journalism, communications, media studies, landscape architecture, urban design, and/or planning programs. Strong video production, photography, film, and video-editing skills are required. This is a unique role with the opportunity to gain experience in video production, film editing, and shooting original photography and video footage. Having an interest in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, or urban planning is highly desirable. This position is 40 hours per week for three months from mid-May through mid-August and is based in Boston. The role will require limited domestic US travel (10-20% of the time). Candidates must be comfortable traveling unaccompanied within the US and must be dependable when working remotely with teams in Boston and other SWA offices. Possession of a valid US driver’s license is strongly preferred. Compensation is hourly.
Working with us in this role, you may be responsible for:
- Film editing
- Video production
- Researching existing contemporary and historic footage
- Shooting original photography and/or video
- Producing wireframes and presentations
- Attending and participating in meetings
- Work with senior designers on a collaborative team
Job Location: Boston. Limited travel to other cities within the US.
- Enrolled student status or recent graduates from an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
The ideal candidate has:
- 0-1 years of professional experience in video production
- Strong photography/videography/cinematography skills and aesthetic sense
- Strong video editing skills
- A positive attitude and proactive approach
- Ability to quickly and clearly wireframe concepts
- Strong English-language verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction from curators and designers
- Interest in urban design, urban planning, landscape architecture, or architecture
- Proficiency in: Photography and/or Film, Adobe Premiere / Final Cut Pro X / AfterEffects, Wireframing, Microsoft Office
Additional experience with the following is desirable, but not essential:
- AfterEffects (or similar animation software)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Drone Operation/ FAA license
- Hand Sketching
Apply through the online portal with the following required materials no later than 11:59 pm Friday, February 28th, 2020:
- Demo Reel (60 seconds max); Must include shot list with a description of your role for each video clip. Upload or link.
- Resume/CV (MS Word or PDF)
- Contact info for 2-3 references
- Cover letter
- A 300-word response to the following prompt: Select one work of film or television (any format) that relates to urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, regional infrastructure, or urban planning and analyze how the subject matter is portrayed through the use of composition, sequence, editing, lighting, or other narrative techniques?