Esports Tournament Administrator – Community Gaming – Boston, MA
Company: Community Gaming
Address: Boston, MA
Are you a passionate gamer and excited about building esports communities?
Community Gaming is seeking Tournament Administrators who excel at running community events and are deep into gaming culture. This is a hands-on competition operations role that involves managing amateur competitions. It is a paid, part-time position with an expected 10 hours per month of work.
- Manage amateur tournaments up to 64 players from start to finish. This includes check-in, bracket seeding, score reporting, and finalizing competition results
- Support players and be the point of contact with match questions or disputes.
- Work with videographer and other event volunteers throughout the event to ensure smooth operation.
- 2+ years of relevant experience organizing community events
- Experience with at least one of the following games: Super Smash Bros Ultimate, League of Legends, Dota 2, PUBG, Hearthstone, CS: GO
- Work well in a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What We Offer
- Opportunities for professional growth and career development within esports.
- Opportunity to take part in cross-functional projects to make an impact and grow a business.
- Help support grassroots esports and meet other like-minded gaming professionals.
Community Gaming hosts monthly competitive and social gaming events at our ‘Homebases’ like coworking spaces, bars, and LAN centers across the US. We bring gamers together to share their passion for the games they love.
Our goal is to provide a fun and inclusive gaming experience for players of all ages and skill levels. Community Gaming has produced 100+ events in dozens of our partnered venues for the top global esports. Learn more about us at: https://www.facebook.com/CommunityGamingNewYork/
Job Type: Contract
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- One location