Director, Digital Growth & Strategy – NBC Sports Boston – NBCUniversal – Burlington, MA
Location: Burlington, MA
- Drive “digital-first” content creation specific to our various web and mobile platforms.
- Work with VP Content Strategy to create unique, entertaining content that performs on multiple platforms including social channels and engages viewers/fans throughout the day.
- Meet and/or exceed established multi-platform growth goals including live game streaming, fan engagement and content consumption metrics.
- Manage Executive Producer, Digital Media who contributes team management and content creation oversight capabilities and a team of employees with editing and producing to develop content.
- Manage, along with VP Content Strategy and Director of Social Engagement, the Multi-Platform department budget, including staff expenses and allocated corporate costs.
- Partner with VP Content Strategy to manage the editorial voice and tone of all elements published on our website, mobile and social platforms. As well as manage a team of Insiders & Content Miners.
- Partner with Executive Producer, Digital to manage live interactive programming for our web/mobile and social platforms.
- Utilize data analytics and audience research to maximize customer acquisition and response to our web and mobile app content. Work with NBC Sports Group’s Command Center to develop appropriate KPI’s and capitalize on national and regional content consumption trends.
- Work with Sr. Director, Multi-Platform Strategy (NBC Sports Regional Nets) on corporate initiatives including TVE Streaming, Direct-to-Consumer Offerings, App Development and Website/Mobile web design and national third-party partnerships.
- Attend necessary multi-platform related NBC Sports Corporate meetings and conference calls, report new initiatives and updates to VP Content Strategy and team.
- Liaison with in-house departments (Game Production, Studio Production, Social Media, Ad Sales, Programming, Marketing and Operations) to ensure all goals and initiatives are fulfilled including advertising campaigns.
- Partner with Network strategy team to manage all online/mobile traffic and analytical requests and implement content strategy initiatives across multiple platforms.
- Partner with VP Content Strategy and Executive Producer, Digital Media to manage Multi-Platform relationships with team partners including the Boston Celtics & New England Revolution.
- Minimum of 5 years of digital or multi-platform experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, on nights, weekends or holidays, and be engaged remotely as circumstances require.
- Must work well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be willing to work in Burlington, MA and then Needham, MA in Fall 2019.
- Candidate will have created and/or led a team of digital platform(s) content creators, preferably within a media company of digital-first environment, and achieved significant growth metrics for content distribution across digital and social platforms.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- A team player that can both lead and roll their sleeves up with the team that helps foster a fun work environment.
- Understanding of and facility with modern media analytic tools required.
- Knowledge of professional leagues, teams, athletes and culture required.
- Knowledge of Boston/New England franchises and athletes a plus.
NBC Sports RSN – Boston
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.