Digital Strategist (Social) – Highwire PR – Boston, MA
Company: Highwire PR
Location: Boston, MA
Highwire Public Relations is a leading technology public relations agency based in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Boston and Chicago. We work with a wide range of clients across cloud technology, enterprise, security, financial services technology (fin-tech), and healthcare as well as consumer products and services.
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best Agency to work for by The Holmes Report and PRWeek. We are a learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our teams, coach for career growth and embrace new ideas.
We search for those with big ideas, strong opinions and the energy to bring them to life. Collaboration, curiosity and passion underpin everything we do. Our core values encourage an environment that fosters innovation and inclusion. We strive to celebrate individuality and be a place where every employee is empowered to be heard and ask for what they want.
Highwire Public Relations is looking for a smart, savvy Digital Strategist (Social) who has deep experience writing and telling stories within the tech world. At the core, you are a person who possesses the ability to distill the most complicated technologies into relatable concepts with language that resonates with target audiences and meets them where they are.
As a Digital Strategist (Social), you will step into a prominent role in the agency’s Digital Studio, a collection of writers, designers, videographers and other storytellers who breathe life into campaigns, educate audiences and articulate positions on industry trends. You will need to command a creative presence and wield strong skills in collaboration and project management. You will support client teams as needed, produce high-quality content and help ensure the teams are successful with overall writing initiatives. As a client-facing team member, you must initiate conversation, listen carefully, question intuitively and vocalize your recommendations effectively.
You will also create agency-focused work and stay involved in new business development and the creation of the Highwire content development program and network. You will serve as a mentor and assist with training for all Highwire team members on content development. And you will also be responsible for identifying new and innovative ways of placing content across social media.
This unique opportunity places you in a critical role for Highwire, a fast growing and innovative PR agency.
Digital Strategist (Social) Job Responsibilities Include:
- Finding new ways to tell our clients’ stories by generating ideas on bringing content to life across multiple channels including social
- Writing smart, carefully crafted content for clients that capture attention in a sea of competing headlines
- Serving as a trusted resource for content strategy to Highwire’s client and account teams
- Collaborating to examine and analyze a client’s existing content, identity guidelines and challenges to glean insights and recommend improvement
- Ensuring that account teams align on content objectives, assumptions, risks and success factors
- Monitoring the firm’s branded content to make sure it’s relevant, engaging and effective
- Participating in new business development efforts, leading creative teams, developing client response materials and excellent client case studies
- Partnering with Highwire’s outside creative contractor resources and freelancer network
- Developing strong relationships with executives to source and develop stories Digesting content provided by the client, client services, other agencies or from own research, and extracting relevant insights to brief and inspire the team
- Advocating for content’s role in digital strategy and production and continuing to uncover new ways to distribute clients’ across digital channels
- Maintaining a respectful, enthusiastic and professional attitude towards co-workers, clients and outside colleagues and lead team by example
- Supporting teams and managing up and down
- Responsibly using flexible work policies
- Contributing to Highwire social channels and writing for Highwire’s blog
- Mentoring junior staff to elevate development
- Proactively setting up quarterly goals with manager; tracking against goals and demonstrating growth
- Effectively prioritizing responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals
- Identifying areas for self-improvement and bringing suggestions and solutions to management
- Leading by example and ensuring teammates have clear direction on roles/responsibilities
- Attending networking events, seminars and conferences, including outside-of-work-hours, as required to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience across multiple technology arenas
- Agency experience is a plus
- You know how to write compelling content that connects with targeted audiences. Your writing is clear, interesting and makes people want to take an action.
- You can adjust content strategy, voice and tone based on client and audience.
- You’re ready to move quickly, test copy and content, and iterate to find the perfect performance-based solution.
- You can take initiative, keep organized and handle multiple projects at once.
- You possess strong problem-solving skills, excellent grammar and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Highwire Perks Include
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Excellent vacation policy including office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Commuter Benefits
- Fitness Benefit
- Donation Match
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Curiosity Benefit
- 401K Match
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Monthly recognition programs
- Work from Home Friday’s
- Quarterly Highwire fun event – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for professional development and growth
- Dog friendly work environment
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.