Development Assistant – Boston Jewish Film (Formerly Boston Jewish Film Festival) – West Newton, MA
Location: West Newton, MA
Boston Jewish Film celebrates the richness of the Jewish experience through film and media. With 10,000 tickets sold to our programs throughout the year, we are one of the preeminent Arts and Culture organizations in the Boston area.
Now in our 32nd year, we are seeking a highly-motivated individual to help us reach our Development goals. The Development Assistant is a key member of the BJF team working to ensure Boston Jewish Film’s financial long-term sustainability. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for ongoing administrative and fundraising tasks, including management of fundraising database Salesforce; record-keeping of institutional, individual and public donor records; preparation of acknowledgement of grants and donations; preparation of development reports and mailings; coordination of annual appeals; prospect research; and assistance on special events.
This position offers the opportunity to become deeply engaged with the fundamental strategic processes and implementation of fund development for an established Jewish arts and cultural organization with a growing community impact through 3 annual Film Festivals, fundraising events and multiple community partnership events.
- Manage fundraising database, including update of donor records and preparation of donor, financial and ad hoc reports.
- Oversee and assist in generating donor acknowledgements.
- Responsible for gift processing, including liaising with the Finance Department.
- Conduct individual and institutional prospect research to ensure steady pipeline of potential support.
- Assist with the preparation of outreach materials, donor appeals, grant submissions and report materials.
- Engage with attendees and venue services staff to gather metrics and anecdotes that enhance appeals, requests and reports.
- Assist with solicitation mailings, including two annual appeals and Festival pass acquisition.
- Collaborate with the Director of Production and Marketing Manager to ensure timely updates to the BJF database for all e-communications and mailings.
- Assist with the coordination on special events for donor cultivation, fundraisers, and member events, including Spring and Fall events, Opening Night, and Mid- Fest events.
- Overall administrative and support assistance to the BJF Development Department.
- Learning best BJF fundraising practices from BJF ED and BJF Board Development Committee.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Two years’ relevant experience in the development field, nonprofit space, or administrative field
· Strong interest in nonprofit development and administration and a willingness to learn
· Ability to passionately represent BJF’s mission
· Ability to work individually and collaboratively
· Available for occasional evening events, such as Film Festival and fundraising events.
· Ability to multi-task and bring jobs to completion
· Experience managing confidential information with discretion
· Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate information clearly (both written and oral)
· Ability to build and maintain relationships and interact effectively with donors and donor prospects
· Proficiency in multiple computer and database systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, word-processing, spreadsheets, database; knowledge of fundraising software like Salesforce a plus
· Creative approach to problem solving and can-do attitude.
· Ability to work as a team member, supporting department events and initiatives
· Knowledge of the Jewish Philanthropic Community a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume indeed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- West Newton, MA 02465 (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday