Audio/Video Streaming Engineer – New England Conservatory of Music – Boston, MA
Company: New England Conservatory of Music
Address: Boston, MA
New England Conservatory of Music
The Engineer’s main duties are to handle all aspects of audio and video recording, streaming, and sound reinforcement for assigned events (concerts, rehearsals, recitals, conferences, and studio sessions), and to ensure the performance of daily tasks of the Audio Department. Scheduling for this position is primarily event driven. This position reports to the Director of Audio Visual Services.
- Record/stream official NEC events and student recitals in all NEC performance spaces.
- Run recording sessions in our SSL or Nuage -equipped studios as well as NEC performance spaces.
- Set up and operate sound reinforcement systems for official NEC events, student recitals, and outside renters in all performance spaces.
- Assist with the running of the AVS front office.
- Mentor and train student workers for recording, streaming, sound reinforcement, and front office duties.
- Install, test and/or secure Audio/Visual equipment throughout the Conservatory as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience audio, video, recording, streaming and mixing Front of House for classical, jazz, and theatrical performances in various environments (Concert hall, PAC, festival, small venue).
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience audio/video recording, streaming and mixing Front of House for classical, jazz, and theatrical performances in various environments (Concert hall, PAC, festival, small venue).
- Experience with various methods of amplifying classical and traditional music performance, including electronics in contemporary classical music and performances utilizing amplified and non-amplified elements.
- A thorough understanding of audio and video recording, streaming, and sound reinforcement techniques is necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in programming and operation of digital consoles, Shure RF/wireless frequency management, speaker processing/DSP systems, and network infrastructure that supports these systems.
- Experience as camera operator and/or video switcher, including remote PTZ operation/configuration and Wirecast preferred.
- Experience with AV systems support, including projections systems, standard video formats, and Crestron systems desirable.
- Proficiency with software including, but not limited to: Nuendo, Wavelab, Premiere, and RX.
- Dante level 2 certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift, move, and set-up audio equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility that allow for quality relations with a variety of constituencies.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends is essential.
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time; additional paid “birthday holiday”
- Insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision; short & long-term disability
- Discounts at area arts organizations with NEC ID
- MBTA Pass Subsidy