WGBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The Local Membership and Engagement department (LDM) enables the WGBH Educational Foundation to carry out its public media mission by raising annual contributions from individuals for TV, Radio, and Web program support, as well as special projects at WGBH, WGBY, and the Cape & Islands Radio Station. LDM oversees fundraising and relationship building through direct response solicitations for all WGBH affiliated TV and Radio Stations, member engagement, and events to provide WGBH with the economic resources to pursue its mission. LDM coordinates with The Contributor Development Partnership (CDP) as appropriate.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Local Membership and Engagement, the Assistant Director of Audience and Member Services will direct and manage the Member Services team. This position will play a key role in strategic recommendations, decisions, and visioning of the member services department. S/he will be responsible for the administration and improvement of our client service technologies and systems, client service support, and metrics with an emphasis on providing best in class customer service to our donor, clients, and viewers. The Assistant Director of Audience and Member Services will enhance, develop, and implement standards, policies, procedures, quality controls and training programs to improve operational efficiencies and meet established performance standards. Manage, motivate, and develop a team of seven employees. Keep current with latest industry trends impacting constituent services.
- Assign and prioritize incoming CRM work to team members using established call center assignments.
- Monitor and plan for incoming workflow to ensure compliance with SLAs and customer requirements.
- Determine resources needed and allocations to achieve maximum service levels and team productivity.
- Schedule workflow outlines to optimize turnaround time for all communication channels, including phone, email, web, chat, and social based contacts.
- Consistently code and accurately record all member and non-member activity in Salesforce CRM Database.
- Prepare reports about standout issues to identify trends and work with key-stakeholders to make changes as necessary.
- Develop and update templates, guidelines, training documentation and process maps to create efficiencies in workflows.
- Test, implement and evaluate new software and AI to improve constituent experiences and increase efficiencies.
- Represent AMS in discussions about testing new fundraising activities and configuration of new software to ensure seamless connections to Salesforce. Act as the prime liaison in the coordination of non-solicitation mass communications to donors or audience members.
- Evaluate and improve current systems for optimization.
- Act as primary liaison and content author for knowledge management systems using Salesforce and Office 365.
- Create, edit, and publish knowledge articles for both the AMS team as well as the general public on our FAQ site.
- Train and coach staff on best practices and new workflows, provide refresher training as needed.
- Serve as primary liaison between WGBH and local canvassing operations.
- Coordinate with Major Gifts Team to ensure their processes mirror those of the AMS team regarding data management and member benefits. Maintain close relationship with Major Gifts Team to provide great client service for their respective donor groups.
- Coordinate with the Events, On-air Fundraising, and CDP Operations teams to ensure AMS is prepared to answer inquiries around internal and external WGBH events, our pledge schedule, and thank you gift/ticket inventory levels.
- Work with On-air Fundraising to ensure adequate supervision of volunteers during live pledge shifts.
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of WGBH television/radio programming, special events, services, and benefits to be a subject matter expert to both the team and interdepartmentally.
- Facilitate the Member Services social media outreach program.
- Work directly with constituents regarding critical issues and respond.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience managing small to mid call centers
- Must have knowledge of Salesforce Call Center technologies and products (CRM, Communities, Lightning, Einstein) and VolP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and a part of a team
- Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; data driven; process oriented supporting continuous process improvements
- Ability to manage and coach a client service support team
- Excellent written, verbal, and interdepartmental communication skills
- Understanding of industry standards for call center management
- Knowledge of WGBH and non-profit media a plus
- Strong track record of making positive impacts on client service satisfaction and efficiencies
- Ability to build relationships with other departments.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
WGBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, WGBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.