HOW TO APPLY:
Complete application and submit a cover letter and resume as one document via http://bit.ly/affjobs.
START DATE: July 1 – November 15
COMPENSATION: $5000 total contract position
WORK HOURS: 20-30 hours during the month of July, 40+ from August through the end of the Festival, Monday thru Friday. Will require additional hours on weekends and in the weeks leading up to and during the Conference.
ABOUT US: Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our Volunteer Manager will be responsible for recruiting, managing, motivating and scheduling a large group of volunteers to support the staff and organization leading up to and during the Festival.
- Reporting: providing weekly reports to the staff and Managing and Executive Directors as well as a clear wrap up report and updating of the bible
- Recruiting volunteers: Organizing and managing a ‘Call for Volunteers’ Campaign, collaborating with other organizations to recruit volunteers, brainstorming and executing marketing initiatives to recruit new volunteers.
- Assessing volunteer needs based on specific department needs
- Maintaining the volunteer database
- Managing volunteers: ensuring volunteers show up for their shifts, working with them to create the best possible volunteer experience, tracking hours and handling volunteer appreciation events
- Training: organizing volunteer orientations, working with departments to make sure all volunteer training needs are rightly understood.
- Communication: communicating clearly, professionally and consistently with large volunteer base as well as communicating constantly with staff
- Problem solving: managing openings that arise due to volunteer issues and solving problems by quickly relocating or recruiting new volunteers
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Excellent problem solving skills & patience
- Experience managing and effectively communicating to large groups of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- High common sense and good discretion; trustworthy and responsible communicator
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing large groups of volunteers
- Current resume with at least three references
- Cover letter
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $5,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Volunteer: 1 year (Preferred)