Volunteer Coordinator – Lake Travis Film Festival – Austin, TX
Company: Lake Travis Film Festival
Location: Austin, TX
Lake Travis Film Festival
SEASONAL, FT SUBCONTRACTOR
HIRE DATES: Dec. 15th–March 15th
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager and Executive Director
COMPENSATION: $1,500 total contract
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people. It takes a competent leader to succeed in this profession. You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
MISSION/ENVIRONMENT: Lake Travis Film Festival (LTFF) showcases filmmakers around the globe with authenticity, vision, and purpose. The festival aims to connect independent filmmakers and industry professionals with an eager community audience.*
While working for this new organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills and intense organizational skills are a must.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruitment, scheduling, and the management of groups of volunteers prior to and during the festival while maintaining constant communication.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Work with Executive Director and Logistics Manager to determine appropriate volunteers needed for each part of the festival.
- Recruit reliable volunteers from the LTFF volunteer database and from experienced festival volunteers in the area
- Create assignment overview and detailed work sheets in Google Docs to share with specific volunteer groups
- Communicate with volunteers regarding their schedule
- Onboard Volunteers into Slack and join into appropriate groups
- Provide several training workshops for volunteers
- Revise volunteer schedules on an ongoing basis
- Keep Google doc updated with volunteer contact spreadsheet and daily assignments
- Create Captains to manage each venue and communicate constantly throughout the festival with you
- Provide Weekly Status Reports & attend weekly staff meetings
- Manage a team of volunteers to set up and break down at the various sites
- Provide wrap up and completion documentation to Google Drive
Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to be patient, calm personality
Experience working with and communicating with a team
Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
Extensive customer service experience
Ability to prioritize, delegate and work well in high stress situations
Ability to work within a database, Slack, and Google Drive
Ability to manage a large volume of information
Job Type: Contract
- 25% (Preferred)
- Where do you live and are you able to travel daily if needed to the Lake Travis area?
Full Time Opportunity:
- Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Weekends required