Videographer – Worldstrides – Austin, TX
Address: Austin, TX
WorldStrides is an educational travel and experiences company with headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia and offices around the world. We specialize in providing educational travel and study abroad opportunities domestically and throughout the world. We are seeking a videographer and road warrior to shoot and edit marketing promotional videos, tell stories, and help us leverage lots of amazing user-generated content for social media engagement.
You’ll be joining an energetic team that supports content-led marketing, communications and social media and working closely with a team of creatives. The content of our videos is both visually and emotionally compelling, with incredible opportunities for storytelling, as well as exploring the world. The position will report directly to the VP, Content and Communications. And to find the right candidate, we’re open to telecommuting.
A videographer is a jack of all trades – part producer, part director, part sound/camera operator and part editor. You’ll be in charge of the images our customers or public sees online, in presentations, environmental or events/trade shows.
You’ll work in the office, in remote locations, both as a solo crew and occasionally as a part of the pre/post-production team that shoots and edits. Working in collaboration with Creative Services or Corporate Communications, following scripts/storyboards or capturing live action and helping turn that into a compelling story. Projects will be mostly short-form, of varying lengths and level of production value.
This role requires the ability to translate concepts into evocative and compelling storytelling that’s also on brand through aesthetic acuity and technical knowledge of shooting, lighting, sound (including equipment) and editing in a Mac environment.
Four-year degree from an accredited university or art school in the field of cinematography, videography, film communications or related field is preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience within an in-house, commercial studio or broadcast environment.
Provide a link to a portfolio of work and a description of hands-on involvement (significant projects) with the application.
Videographer duties and expectations
- Identify and capture the moments that make stories special, with the ability to shoot journalistic-style live action footage, interview subjects, and, if necessary, stage scenes that can provide compelling visual storytelling
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Creative editing skills to create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other enterprise-wide projects
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
- Interact with customers and internal stakeholders to help them tell their stories on camera
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations and plan production schedules
- If necessary, select and hire additional crew and talent; direct and coach talent; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met
- Reserve and rent equipment as needed
- Experience with applicable software such as Adobe Premier and After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, or similar
- Manage video library and assets