Videographer / Motion Graphic Artist – Geek Powered Studios – Austin, TX
Company: Geek Powered Studios
Location: Austin, TX
Geek Powered Studios
Geek Powered Studios is seeking a talented full-time Videographer/Motion Graphic Artist to join our creative team. Our ideal candidate is a creative and motivated professional who is passionate about storytelling and brand building through the video creative. In this role, you’ll develop creative assets both independently and in collaboration with cross-functional teams. You will lead the coordination of media projects from concept through completion, creating videos and digital content, as well as editing content we receive from our clients. You should have a strong understanding of graphic design and audio editing, and must be comfortable working across varied industries in an agency setting.
What You’ll Do
- Create digital marketing video and photo content for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube advertising
- Provide video production support for a range of multimedia requests by shooting and editing digital video
- Create rough and final cuts: video editing, trim footage segments, assemble sequence of film, selecting and editing to music, dialogues, voice over recordings
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorm creative approaches for clients
- Participate in stakeholder discussions about format, delivery specifications and technical problem-solving
- Design and edit content that meets brand guidelines
- Conceptualize and create ideas for compelling content that is platform specific
- Study analytics behind what makes an ad successful, how people are engaging with brands online, and what trends are working with other brands
- Set up on-location video productions including proper lighting and sound design
- Apply thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity to editing
- Apply typography treatments and motion graphics design/development
- Provide post-production knowledge of exporting, transcoding, converting and archiving footage
- Maintain a high attention to detail with a sensitivity to messaging and branding
- Take feedback from creative partners and clients to make adjustments, deliver finished products on time
- Provide advertising content that is consistent with audience feedback and behavior as it relates to marketing campaigns.
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience working professionally as a graphic designer, videographer, motion graphic artist or a similar role
- Passionate about video production, graphic design, brand identity, typography, photography, illustration and motion graphics — keeping up with trends across all disciplines
- Knowledge of current trends in content consumption, including creative trends and audience development.
- Awareness of visual trends associated with the entertainment, gaming & culture
- Understanding of what makes content— everything from motion graphics to live action— engaging and successful across channels and audiences
- Ability to apply best practices for short-form content on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Expert knowledge and experience with Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approaches. Working knowledge Photoshop, Illustrator a big plus!
- Expertise and experience in animated motion graphics, logos and text animation, GIFs, interactive illustrations, style frames, succinct design communication, creating storyboards.
- Experienced in 2D + motion ideation, character design/development, compositing, tracking and special effects, live action storyboarding, shooting and post, and all related production workflows.
- Online portfolio of your work
- NOTE: You must submit a cover letter. We read them, we promise. Show us what you’ve got!
Who We Are
Geek Powered Studios is a small-but-mighty internet marketing agency founded in 2009 in south Austin. We do comprehensive internet marketing including SEO, PPC, Facebook ads, website design, and E-commerce for both local and enterprise clients. We love what we do and we care about our clients. We fight tooth and nail to get results for each of them. As a team we tackle major campaigns and ever-evolving challenges in the digital marketing industry.
As Geeks, we place a lot of importance on doing things the right way – not the easy way, and we have built a strong reputation as a leader in the internet marketing world. In fact, we are a 2014 Torch Award winner, and award given by the BBB of Central Texas to businesses who exemplify marketplace ethics. We are known particularly for working only with one client per industry, per region, and defeating clients of much larger agencies in the search rankings. Geek Powered Studios has been featured in a wide variety of publications including Mashable, American Express Open Forum, and Tech Cocktail. We’ve also been recognized as one of Austin’s 50 fastest growing companies.
What it’s Like to Work With Us
Our company culture is a super casual environment. This is no stuffy corporate gig, employees aren’t required to dress up every day. We balance fun with hard work, and we celebrate success with team-building outings, video games, and more. We like to Geek out over Smash Brothers, Star Wars, hot sauce and where to find the best tacos in town.
The Perks of Being a Geek
- Fun and highly collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary + PTO + paid holidays
- Flexible start times
- Some work from home after 90 days
- Casual dress code
- Stocked snacks and drinks
- 401K or Roth with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance plans available
- Dog friendly office
- Opportunities for team building and continuing education