Videographer and Editor – Shop LC – Austin, TX
Company: Shop LC
Location: Austin, TX
Hi there!! Thank you for your interest in our Videographer position. Please see details below.
PLEASE NOTE: NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED, THE CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN RELOCATION EXPENSES TO AUSTIN, TX.
Are you a visionary extraordinaire that can come up with ideas in a flash? If so, we want you to join our team of video superstars focused on creating amazing infomercials for some of our products.
We sell our awesome products all over the world and are looking for an equally awesome candidate to help tell our story through video content! We want someone that has previous experience in Direct Response/Informercials. Ya’ know, make our products look really, really good and useful to our clients!
We are looking for a person that loves visual storytelling and has the ability to explain complex things in a simple way; Someone that brings sight and sound together in a cohesive way. If you are nodding in agreement then YOU may be the video editor we are looking for! Your main responsibility will be to create engaging infomercials for any and all content needs at Shop LC. As a member of the Direct Response team you’ll also be assisting in the creation of digital marketing campaigns in collaboration with our Marketing and Creative Teams.
What you’ll be doing! You’ll never be bored, promise:
- Understanding our brand, vision, mission, and most importantly our products in relation to creating Video content
- Working in a fast-paced 24/7/365 retail environment
- Working independently and/or with a team to deliver quick-turnaround projects
- Create direct response video ads for platforms like Facebook that are so compelling that people watching MUST sign up and try it!
- Create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms for multiple audiences, using video and graphic design to inform, engage, entertain, and most importantly convert audiences
- Make eye-catching videos that tell the story and purpose of a product in an authentic and motivating way
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite is a must with focus on Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Edit, retouch, and master videos with quick turnarounds with minimum supervision
- Continuously explore latest and unique production processes/procedures
- Demonstrate high command video and sound engineering techniques through sophisticated craftsmanship
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have creative input
- Have the ability to shift gears with ease between a wide range of projects
Show us what you got:
- You can shoot and edit high-converting direct response, both on social & traditional videos
- You have the passion and deep desire to crush it every day. You want everything you create to be wow-worthy, yet original
- You’re creative. You’re excited to create, test, learn and repeat. Your imagination is your biggest asset. You love coming up with new ideas, and finding new ways to make quirky and funny, yet polished and baller videos/designs
- You’re organized. Working in a rapid production environment with quick thinking outliers doesn’t phase you, but motivates you
- You have a deep respect for deadlines and accountability
- You’re committed to adapting to dynamic circumstances with a positive attitude. In fact, you love the fast-paced startup lifestyle
How you’ll “sweep us off our feet”:
- 2+ years in video production (full-time filming and/or editing) with a proven and demonstrable work experience as a videographer with a portfolio that demonstrates hands on experience in key areas of direct response video ad creation
- Experience in script writing is a must
- Direct response video/marketing experience for Facebook, Instagram, and social media avenues
- Highly functional in Adobe Premiere Pro, with a strong familiarity of the entire Adobe Creative Suite. Especially After Effects, Illustrator, and inDesign
- Strong familiarity with camera technologies (cinema cameras, DSLR, mirrorless)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail. The ability to either naturally spell correctly or use spell check correctly for onscreen graphics is actually important. We don’t care how you spell words right, just that they are spelled right. Crappy grammar is also uncool!
- Motion Graphics / 3D modeling would be an additional advantage
- Able to incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects for our different products/services
- You should be able to shift gears between making content for multiple demographics
“Icing on the cake” or “Cherry on a sundae”:
- Bachelor’s Degree Multimedia, Film, or Communications
- A video portfolio or reel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 2D Animation, Graphic Design or Photography skills
What’s in it for YOU:
We offer all our full-time employees company-covered base plan medical, dental and vision! Meritain is our provider for medical and for dental/vision we have Metlife. On top of that, we have 4% 401(k) matching, Company Profit Sharing, 15 days of Paid Time Off, Maternity and Paternity Leave, company covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, company covered Accidental Death Life Insurance, Schedule Flexibility, Great Work/Life Balance, Volunteer Days, Tuition Reimbursement, HOPE Scholarship Program, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Sales & Discounts, Paid Company Holidays, and Career Development Courses and budgets to further your learning!
A little about SHOP LC! We do like to brag a bit!
Shop LC Mission Statement:
Through the delivery of high quality, affordable products, made possible by our low-cost direct sourcing, we change the world and touch people’s lives one piece at a time!
We are a global organization that operates as VGL Group, or also known as Vaibhav Global with close to 3,000 employees globally. VGL trades publicly in the Bombay Stock Market in India. Under our main VGL brand, we have 3 amazing and growing companies: Shop LC, The Jewellery Channel (TJC) and STS Jewels. Shop LC is our US division, TJC is our European market, headquartered in London and lastly, STS is our wholesale division that does business to business sales for well-known, large national retailers! We source and manufacture our own jewelry so there is no middleman involved, that is how we keep our pricing super affordable for our clients!
Shop LC is our US home shopping channel that is headquartered here in beautiful, sunny Austin, Texas, airing nationwide over 72 million homes via various satellite and cable networks, including live broadcast via www.shoplc.com as well as our Shop LC mobile app. Here in Austin, we have over 470 employees. We offer fine jewelry and lifestyle products, many which are produced in our own factories in Asia and India. We have locations globally in China, Thailand (Bangkok) and Indonesia (Bali)!
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Please note that if we decide to extend an offer to you, Shop LC conducts a thorough background check and requires a drug test within 2 days of offer acceptance.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Filming/Editing Videos: 2 years (Required)
- Adobe Premiere Pro: 2 years (Required)
- Script Writing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Motion Graphics / 3D modeling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Video Production: 2 years (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction