At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is looking for a Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer to help grow its post-production and motion graphics efforts internally. This person would be joining a small but experienced in-house content team, assisting cross-functional teams to bring YETI to life with engaging stories, brand videos, multimedia projects, and social media experiences. We are particularly looking for someone with great After Effects, Animation skills, and the editing experience to make quality and concise brand/social videos.
The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller with a genuine understanding of the YETI brand voice. This person must have strong narrative instincts and be able to tell an efficient story. They should know what material is essential to the piece and how to creatively solve for challenges or iterations required in post-production. You should be comfortable participating in brainstorming sessions and offering creative ideas to the larger team. You must be organized, efficient at managing time across multiple projects, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Edit high quality videos quickly and independently
- Lead new initiatives and projects with limited supervision
- Work with footage received from our brand ambassadors, other videographers, and other outside sources to create new edits
- Collaborate with internal creative and content teams (and, at times, external partners) to concept and problem solve based on briefs
- Lead creation or assist with all aspects of production for various types of motion graphic video content
- Responsible for the look, tone, and narrative arc of video content in alignment with brand and social messaging
- Video campaign creation and collaboration with internal creative department
- Clearly communicate production and editing processes to teams, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and proactively prioritize work with content team lead
- Versioning out final assets, closed captioning etc – be ok with the grunt work amongst the story telling work
- Experience creating and formatting social first/social specific content
- Work well with existing content team
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, media studies, or related field
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in motion graphics at an agency, media company, design studio, or brand
- Experience creating all forms of video content (long form, short form video content, 30 second commercials, social vids)
- High degree of attention to detail, specifically when handling multiple video projects, versioning, and receiving feedback from project owners
- Positive and solution-based attitude
- This role must take ownership of its impact on each project and see that all details are complete thought-out
- Expert-level command of design and motion applications, standard design applications, and video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite video products (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Audition).
- Broadcast & online video formats
- Comfort with autonomy and nimble team structure
- Experience with original brand content and/or vertical video a plus
- Experience in the outdoor industry a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.