Video Director – MD Anderson Cancer Center – Houston, TX
Company: MD Anderson Cancer Center
Location: Houston, TX
MD Anderson Cancer Center
The mission of The University of Texas MDAnderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
- Video Project Management: Actively participates and contributes during pre-production/planning meetings with colleagues and customers. Leads or co-leads project planning and scheduling of studio and/or location production sites, scheduling of equipment and crew, selection and implementation of set design, etc. Leads/co-leads selection/direction of professional talent as well as graphics to complement and production goals and visual format, in collaboration with project producer. Writes video titles and descriptions optimized for search engines and other players.
- Video Directing: Directs the activities of the crew and talent during location and/or studio-based video/audio projects. Oversees all activities of the production crew to achieve effective and efficient production sessions in alignment with project goals and requirements. Supervises all aspects of production including set design, lighting, audio/microphone placement, shot composition and camera operation, and ensures acquisition of all video required to support script content. Performs tasks consistent with the highest video industry standards for aesthetics and technical integrity, and in an efficient manner that aligns with production schedule and budget.
- Videography/Editing: Serves as videographer and/or editor for assigned projects. Produces a finished product consistent with requirements. Performs technical operations of the camera and/or non-linear video editing equipment during post-production. Attention to appropriate technical set up, post-production duplication quality control checks, proper labeling and final archiving of all projects. Assists with ongoing maintenance of production equipment and proactively makes suggestions for new equipment or process improvements and efficiencies.
Measurement and Reporting: Tracks and analyzes success of projects, provides status reports and identifies as well as solves potential problems.
Other duties as assigned
Required: Five years of experience in electronic news gathering (ENG) and /or video and film production with an emphasis on concept development, directing and supervising professional staff. Direct experience with set design, lighting, shot composition, camera operations and post-production nonlinear editing.
Required: Bachelor’s degree with major in Radio/TV/Film, English, Journalism or Communications.
May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
- Class A, B or C valid Texas driver’s license depending on the type and weight of vehicle to be operated and number of passengers to be carried. Good driving record as verified with the Department of Transportation.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 133269
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 59,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 74,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 89,400
- Science Jobs: Yes