BigCommerce is disrupting the eCommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a Video Content Specialist for our Austin Four Points Office, you will support our customers and brand through video content. You will play a vital role in the creation, production, and development of video content that furthers BigCommerce’s brand, communication and support strategies. You should be capable of owning a concept end to end and fulfilling different roles on the same project. You can ideate, write, produce, direct, shoot and edit your work. This cross-functional role will support the entire company by developing internal and external videos to promote BigCommerce and create educational storytelling content.
What You’ll Do
- Think strategically, as well as creatively, and understand the importance of audiences and targeting customers with content most relevant for them.
- Rely on your experience with digital storytelling, photography, animation, motion graphics, and other creative techniques to develop and build valuable content
- Write and publish original or aggregated content for varied audiences (prospects, customers, agency partners, and internal).
- Execute the video content strategy through ideation, writing, planning, production, editing, and publishing processes
- Create effective content for multiple channel outputs, including digital, social media, eLearning, YouTube and onsite.
- Self-shoot and direct, deliver end to end as needed.
- Maintain editing standards to ensure consistency in quality, look, feel and tonality for all digital and video assets.
- Manipulate and repurpose current static creative assets for video (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Assist with video production, setup, and camera operation as needed.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to execute multi-faceted creative concepts
- Take technical information and provide instructional material that is clear and concise.
Who You Are
- 2-4 years of experience in video strategy and production
- A BA, BS, or BFA in graphic design, film studies, cinematography or related field strongly preferred
- Strong independent thinking and judgment skills
- Ability to self-shoot using a DSLR camera.
- Strong editing skills, social media proficiency, experience writing for an online audience, proven ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Creativity and ability to use digital storytelling, photography, animation, motion graphics, and other creative techniques to build valuable content
- Ability to collaborate with instructional designers, copywriters, graphic designers, editors, marketers, and leadership to execute multi-faceted creative concepts
- Working knowledge of the BigCommerce Platform
- High skill level in the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator and knowledge of audio recording and voice over application, record sound, and familiarity with sourcing music and assembly editing.
- Self-motivated, versatile and highly organized, with an acute attention to detail to deliver work at a consistently high standard.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, and a good eye for detail, with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy
- Knowledge of video codecs, formats, and web standards
- Knowledge and/or skill in the following a plus: Salesforce, Google Apps, color correction, special effects, animation, motion graphics, music selection, knowledge of the principles, techniques, technology and standards of video production and shot composition
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.