HOW TO APPLY:
Complete application via http://bit.ly/affjobs
HIRE DATES: October 15th – November 8th
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 40+ hours per week until the end of the festival, 10 – 20 hours per week during November. Will require additional hours including nights and weekends during the festival.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Conference Director, Conference Coordinator, Senior Film Program Director, Transportation Coordinator, Project Manager, Volunteer Manager
COMPENSATION: $500 contract
MISSION/ENVIRONMENT: The Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film and television to tell a story.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: Track travel (flight, hotel, and transportation) for guests such as panelists, awardees, actors and filmmakers while maintaining a strict budget and acting as point of contact for all travel questions during the festival. Travel Coordinator will also be in direct contact with the Conference Coordinator regarding hotel accommodations, the Transportation Coordinator to incorporate ground transportation accommodations into travel plans, and occasionally the Volunteer team regarding transportation volunteers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of the Travel Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Conference Director and the Film Department to book or change flights for select awardees, filmmakers, and panelists.
- Working with the Project Manager to coordinate hotel accommodations, adhere to hotel attrition, budgets, etc.
- Adhering to a strict, pre-determined budget, and communicating status of budget throughout the festival to the Executive Director.
- Communicating with guests about hotel and travel information and inputting that information into detailed itineraries with the Conference Coordinator, Film Department, and Transportation Coordinator.
- Communicating with relevant staff members regarding status of travel arrangements and being readily available to meet with staff at the office.
- Booking car service for select awardees, filmmakers, and panelists in home cities and in Austin as necessary.
- Working with the Transportation Coordinator to coordinate drop offs and pick ups at the airport, hotels and other festival venues, as well as providing necessary information regarding hotel stay.
- Working with the Transportation Coordinator to coordinate Red Carpet Transportation, and ensure talent arrives on time.
- Acting as point of contact for agents or managers when dealing with talent and keeping all acquired information organized and confidential.
- Acting as point of contact for AFF handlers, who are assigned to awardees, filmmakers, and panelists.
- Immediately notifying all parties about flight and hotel cancellations or changes.
- Adhering to and completing a predetermined timeline.
- Providing exemplary customer service.
- Providing wrap up and completion materials.
- Commitment to the AFF Mission Statement.
- Ability to manage and adhere to strict budget
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with and communicating with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be patient
- Extensive customer service experience
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $500.00 /year
- Travel or Event Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)