Theater Operations Manager – Austin Film Festival – Austin, TX
Company: Austin Film Festival
Location: Austin, TX
Austin Film Festival
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete application via http://bit.ly/affjobs
HIRE DATES: August 1st – November 15th
WORK HOURS: August-November, Part-time (20-30 hours), Monday thru Friday, full time plus in the weeks (starting in September) leading up to and during the Festival and Conference.
ABOUT US: Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film and television to tell a story.
AFF is dedicated to providing unique cultural events and services, enhancing public awareness and participation and encouraging long lasting community partnerships.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Theater Operations Manager hires, trains and delegates work to all film production volunteers and manages theater front of house operations during the festival. While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills, critical assessment and intense organizational skills are a must.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Theater Operations Manager include but are not limited to:
- Hire and recruit all front of house staff and volunteers, including Theater Managers, Filmmaker Liaisons, interns and volunteers
- Coordinate, schedule, appoint and train all front of house staff and volunteers
- Create pocket guide handbook for all front of house staff.
- Attend all Film Department and Staff meetings
- Attend all venue walk-thrus; know venue size and expected attendance in order to determine volunteer and staff numbers
- Provide weekly reports to Managing Director and Film Department
- Conduct Quality Checks on all films being screened at the festival (this is a requirement of ALL film department staff)
- Prepare all Theater front of house materials including venue boxes, binders, introduction scripts & queue cards
- Adhere to and complete a predetermined timeline
- Assist Production Manager in performing tech checks with filmmakers during the festival as needed
- Provide daily attendance reports during the festival to Film and Executive departments
- Be prepared to fill positions, such as Theater Manager, and problem solve as needed
- Provide wrap up and completion materials
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have attended the Conference & Film Festival in previous years or have extensive knowledge of the Festival
- Must be available for the entire festival October 24 – October 31, 2019
- A self-motivated, self-starter adept at juggling multiple projects and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and good follow-through
- Extensive customer service experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress, high volume situations; works well under pressure
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Current resume with at least three references
- Cover letter
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $5,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)