Storyboard Artist – POWERHOUSE ANIMATION STUDIOS I – Austin, TX
Company: POWERHOUSE ANIMATION STUDIOS I
Location: Austin, TX
POWERHOUSE ANIMATION STUDIOS I
Powerhouse Animation is looking for talented storyboard artists to work on upcoming animated series like Mattel’s Masters of the Universe: Revelations and Netflix’s Heaven’s Forest. These shows are high-action with complex fight choreography that requires artists to have skillful draftsmanship, a strong sense of shot direction, and the ability to thrive in a deadline-driven work environment.
In this role, you will work closely with directors and supervisors to transform scripts into epic animatic sequences that convey drama, action, and occasionally comedy.
Our studio is a fun, playful work environment where artists of all ages and backgrounds work together and share a passion for art, animation, video games, and more. 401k and full benefits are provided.
All applicants must apply online. No phone calls or studio visits, please.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Must be willing to relocate to an in-house positions at our headquarters in Austin, TX
- Must showcase an understanding of anatomy, perspective, and composition
- Must understand film theory, especially as it applies to anime-influence works
- Must demonstrate organizational skills and file management
- Professional experience working in Storyboard Pro
- Cursory knowledge of 3D software, in particular Cinema 4D
- Traditional animation experience, especially regarding sakuga-level fight sequences
- Be nerdy, and have a passion for animation
Examples of the types of storyboards we are looking for can be found here: