Sr. Graphics Designer – Texas Law Alumni Relations and Development – University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX
Company: University of Texas at Austin
Location: Austin, TX
University of Texas at Austin
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Graphics Designer – Texas Law Alumni Relations and Development
School of Law
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Expected to Continue
UT MAIN CAMPUS
Support and enhance the brand recognition and reputation of the University of Texas School of Law through design and management of design projects, for both print and digital environments, targeted to the law alumni community. The assets and campaigns created by and with the Senior Graphic Designer will promote alumni affinity and engagement; support fundraising and development efforts; and play a valuable role in stewardship of alumni and friends.
Concepting of creative campaigns and assets:
- Serve within the Alumni Relations and Development office, working collaboratively with members of that team as well as the Communications team, Dean’s Office, and others in the School of Law.
- Translate alumni marketing and communication objectives into creative, on-brand concepts to tell the Law School’s story, identifying ways to be true to existing “Texas Law” branding guidelines while evolving uses of the brand to remain fresh and relevant to a variety of audiences.
Production of creative assets, templates, and materials:
- Develop and execute a broad range of print and digital concepts and designs including, though not limited to: brochures and one-sheets; web pages, email templates and electronic newsletters; templates for advertisements, presentations, signage, invitations, and more graphics.
- Manage all projects from concept to final deliverables, collaborating with partners within the law school and overseeing work and production schedule of vendors, such as freelance design assistants, graphic specialists, photographers and videographers, printers, and mail houses.
Management of production workflow vendors:
- Communicate effectively and consult with immediate supervisor and others, including internal law school clients, throughout the design process. Monitor and assist in prioritizing multiple projects.
- Use approved design software to create and modify layouts, design elements and photography. Prepare designs and files for print and digital delivery, as individual projects demand .
- Utilize design best practices and current software and technology tools including the Adobe Creative Suite, digital design tools such as Adobe XD or Sketch for team projects and provide advice to college clients on design, brand guidelines and visual presentation.
Other related functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Two years of experience in graphic design and production. Must have strong communication and project management skills along with demonstrated experience as a team player with a positive attitude. Experience using industry standard tools, a personal computer and other standard office equipment. Advanced skill in the use of the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) to produce layouts, create designs and design elements, and to manipulate and incorporate photography/motion into designs. Basic knowledge of HTML. Demonstrated ability as an organized self-starter able to juggle multiple projects within a team environment to meet target dates. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
More than five years of experience in graphic design and production. Advanced understanding of production methods for promotional items, digital and offset printing. Demonstrated ability to concept and execute creative design solutions that comply with organizational style guidelines and brand policies. Experience designing for communications campaigns across various media and channels. Demonstrated passion for exploring new tools, techniques and technologies to create compelling experiences for target audiences. Experience creating and designing responsive, standards-compliant and accessible webpages, and/or other interactive digital experiences. Experience in the production of responsive HTML email templates. Experience working with and producing information for prospective students, faculty, staff, donors and friends of a college or university.Salary Range
$45,000 + depending on qualificationsWorking Conditions
May Work around standard office conditions. Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation, use of manual dexterity. Lift and move standard office files and supplies. Wear appropriate office attire; accept supervision. Work hours may include occasional evenings, weekends and some holidays during peak periods to meet deadlines.Required Materials
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197.